BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 20, 2012 1:31 am  #1

Ideas for Sherlock related Member Titles

Can anyone think of some more interesting (and Sherlock related) member titles other than "Member", "New Member" etc...they need to be kind of ranking though, so at the moment New Member is the first level, then Member is the second.

We need about 4 or 5 ranking levels to be getting on with...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 20, 2012 2:38 am  #2

Re: Ideas for Sherlock related Member Titles

Well the top one would have to be "high functioning sociopath" wouldn't it? ( or genius but that's boring)
Then Official Blogger                       (or John's Army)
Then Cipher Expert                         (or Mycroft's contact)
Then Bow Street Runner                  (or Lestrade's aide)
Starter would be 'Homeless Network' (or Mrs Hudson's baker)

Last edited by kazza474 (February 20, 2012 2:40 am)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 20, 2012 9:19 am  #3

Hey, those are actually very good! I'll wait and see if anyone else comes up with any, then start adding them in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 20, 2012 1:51 pm  #4

From fewest posts to most (or however it's being ordered) Wrong!, Could be dangerous, Knows of Tilly Briggs, On Adler's phone, Doofus!

Might be a good idea of getting a poll going for members to vote for their favourites. Interaction and responsibility for the content here is a good way for communities to bond well.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

February 20, 2012 2:38 pm  #5

A poll sounds like a good idea, and very democratic!

February 20, 2012 4:23 pm  #6

Sounds like a good idea to me)

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 20, 2012 10:35 pm  #7

Yeah, a poll would be nice :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

March 21, 2012 10:54 pm  #8

Love these ideas - Homeless Network is fabulous for starters - a poll would be great!

March 21, 2012 11:06 pm  #9

I like the first step beeing "Homeless network" and the last one beeing "high functioning sociopath", not so sure about the middle ones... I'll sleep over it 
Good night!! (for the people in western Europe)

Last edited by Irene_Adler (March 21, 2012 11:07 pm)

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 21, 2012 11:28 pm  #10

I like the top level being high functioning sociopath too. Not sure about the other ones. I like the idea of using quotes from the show - like "You have questions" for first level for example. Not so good on these sorts of ideas.

Might have to go back and watch them.

OR we could have 6 levels - a quote from each episode that also reflects the contribution level. Hmmm....new project that requires me to re-watch all episodes of Sherlock...well, darn.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 2, 2012 1:21 am  #11

What ever happened with this idea? I like it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 2, 2012 2:09 am  #12

I'm still planning to make a poll for people to vote on. I was just leaving it up to see if anymore ideas were submitted. I guess it's been on for quite a while though now so I'll probably go ahead and make the poll in the next couple of days. Thanks for reminding me though!

Board footera