BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 1, 2012 2:14 am  #41

Re: Giggle time

Wholocked wrote:

Saw this one on Tumblr last night and laughed hysterically.

Ok  so  what's the second type of people?   

Here's a funny pic   I  found  somewhere.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 6, 2012 3:52 pm  #42

Skitty, if I understand correctly, the second group of people is those who cannot extrapolate from incomplete data, in other words people who don't get the joke. It's a bit similar to this one:
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Last edited by The Skull (September 6, 2012 3:53 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

September 6, 2012 6:14 pm  #43

Ha! Good 1.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 9, 2012 7:57 pm  #44

Nice piece of dialogue: 

… Mark: “My hair is dyed to match Benedict’s hair.
Benedict: “My hair is dyed to match … whose?
Martin: “Sherlock’s!
Mark: “To match Sherlock Holmes’! We thought that might be a good idea!
Benedict: “It’s not a bad start!
Mark: “Do you think there is a family likeness?
Benedict: “I do.
Mark (giggling): “How?! Mysteriously, I’ve got the Holmes nose.
Benedict: “Yeah, mine’s a bit more flat and snubby and retroussé than it should be for Holmes. They’ve lit me very angularly so I throw a profile every now and again.
Martin: “They’ve lit me very roundly. That’s why I look round. Otherwise I look very chiselled in real life.
Mark: “You do look chiselled.
Martin: “Chiselled out of what? Plasticine?!
Mark: “Umm, blancmange!
Benedict: “Polystyrene. … Marshmallow!  …

(via Ariane DeVere - “Sherlock  Episode 3 – ‘The Great Game’ DVD commentary)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 16, 2012 5:51 pm  #45

Sorry, but I couldn't help myself. LOL

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 16, 2012 6:17 pm  #46

Very funny. I wonder what happened to the shag? 

Last edited by Davina (September 16, 2012 6:17 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 16, 2012 6:37 pm  #47

Maybe it didn't survive the fall from the second-floor window. 

September 16, 2012 9:18 pm  #48

Methinks you do not know what the slang meaning of that particular word is in English. Mwahahah.

September 17, 2012 6:16 am  #49

Just joking. I'm a naughty girl and I know it can be something else than tobacco. In German we have quite a nice variety of these verbs as well. 

September 17, 2012 6:46 am  #50

Falling out of a second floor window doing it might be...painful.

September 17, 2012 7:15 am  #51

Yes, I think you'd be ejaculating loud cries of pain.

September 17, 2012 9:09 am  #52

I found myself blushing once or twice reading the original canon to the younger ones in the family.

There are a few innocent terms in the original stories that are understood quite differently today!

September 17, 2012 11:41 pm  #53

The Doctor wrote:

I found myself blushing once or twice reading the original canon to the younger ones in the family.

There are a few innocent terms in the original stories that are understood quite differently today!

You should see my English class when we're reading old novels aloud sometimes...

September 20, 2012 5:35 am  #54

“Very sorry to knock you up, Watson,' said he [Holmes], 'but it is a common lot this morning. Mrs Hudson has been knocked up, she retorted upon me, and I on you.

from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

September 20, 2012 6:13 am  #55

October 12, 2012 11:07 am  #56

This made me laugh...a lot! If you have ever travelled on London's Tube (Underground/subway) then this is vital information!

www.grist.org/list/genius-signs-in-london-subway-say-what-everyones-thinking/

October 23, 2012 11:20 am  #57

Literally giggle time for these little ones:

Last edited by Davina (October 23, 2012 11:20 am)

March 29, 2013 9:38 pm  #58

Don't know where else to put it. It always makes me giggle:

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 29, 2013 9:44 pm  #59

Where is this from?!

March 29, 2013 9:45 pm  #60

veecee wrote:

Where is this from?!

Oh, sorry, it's from the Bakerloo Line tube station.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera