BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 31, 2018 6:43 pm  #1

Breeders

Breeders is the new TV series in an avalanche of Martin´s new projects. The reactions on the first episode are already up:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 1, 2018 12:32 am  #2

Re: Breeders

Martin is all over the place!.
Not that I'd ever complain.  

Where is this series showing?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 1, 2018 6:48 am  #3

Sounds very mature!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 1, 2018 11:35 am  #4

tonnaree wrote:

Martin is all over the place!.
Not that I'd ever complain.  

Where is this series showing?

The series is still in production so it´s probably not known yet.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/avalon-developing-martin-freeman-comedy-breeders-for-bbc-fx-1202313371/

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 1, 2018 3:30 pm  #5

Love that Martin had the idea for it.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 2, 2018 7:09 am  #6

Typical...if it involves swearing!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 2, 2018 3:34 pm  #7

I adore Martin's poetic vulgarity. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 4, 2019 1:44 pm  #8

April 4, 2019 3:56 pm  #9

oooh, can't wait.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 4, 2019 4:20 pm  #10

Good stuff.

June 27, 2019 4:47 pm  #11

Had an overnight visit to London this week and met up with my actor friend.
It turns out she is in this!
Apparently she plays a receptionist and has one line!

June 29, 2019 2:55 pm  #12

Oh, cool! You'll have to see if you can spot her (if her bit makes it into the final version)!

Clueing for looks.

June 29, 2019 3:28 pm  #13

Exactly.
She told me this hilarious anecdote of filming a great long, complicated scene in a Damien Lewis production...can't even remember what it was!
She and her hubby sat through the entire awful film, only to discover her scene had been cut!
But she still gets paid and at least doesn't have to be associated with the failed project!

June 29, 2019 6:04 pm  #14

Yes, luckily you get paid regardless of whether you actually appear in the finished film. That would be a little discouraging, though, if you had to sit through a film you didn't even like just to see if you made it in. But it still makes for a story to tell.

Clueing for looks.

June 29, 2019 6:06 pm  #15

She's full of stories!
Sadly, she told me about Kevin Spacey some time ago...

June 29, 2019 8:19 pm  #16

I bet she has a lot of stories, good and bad. Do you mean she had a story about Kevin Spacey from before the allegations came about, that was in a similar vein (if it has personal details you don't have to disclose them, of course)? 

Last edited by Yitzock (June 29, 2019 8:20 pm)

Clueing for looks.

June 29, 2019 8:22 pm  #17

Well actually yes.
In that she told me of the Old Vic's basement bar, where he was notorious for picking up pretty young male actors and promising to help them with their careers...
I mean I had naively assumed it was all conensual and hadn't realised there was anything more than well usual impropriety I suppose.

Last edited by besleybean (June 29, 2019 8:22 pm)

July 2, 2019 7:54 pm  #18

Yeah, if you weren't there I can understand why you wouldn't know for sure. I hope not too many guys were hurt by him in those situations.

Clueing for looks.

July 2, 2019 8:03 pm  #19

So do I.

January 30, 2020 7:22 am  #20

Martin attended press tour panel for his project Breeders on 9-th of January. Here are some photos:

Board footera