BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 14, 2012 4:16 am  #41

Re: QUEEN

It was well after midnight before it was repeated on TV here for me to watch, I was working when it was 'live' on the TV. *sighs*
The finer details escaped my eyes, lol.

And Bri's Twitter news confirms it.
Brian May com
Brian May played his original Red Special LIVE to millions the world over at the Olympic Stadium. 12 August 2012

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 14, 2012 4:19 am  #42

Extra bit of Brian news here:

Jeremy Irons to Host Royal Albert Hall's Sunflower Jam 2012, Sept 16

The 6th Sunflower Jam, Rock & Roll Music Event 2012 will be on Sunday 16th September 2012 at the Royal Albert Hall, London. The evening, hosted by Actor Jeremy Irons, will consist of many very special performances from confirmed artists such as Bruce Dickinson, Ian Paice, Mark King, Alfie Boe, Brian May and Kerry Ellis and John Paul Jones.

More acts that The Sunflower Jam can announce for the evening include Jerry Brown, Margo Buchanan, Micky Moody, Murray Gould, Nick Fyffe, Sandi Thom, Steve Balsamo, Temperance Movement, Uli Jon Roth and Wix Wickins.

*sighs* I need a Tardis.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 19, 2012 2:12 am  #43

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAKY!

61 today.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

August 19, 2012 2:09 pm  #44

Wow, looking on Facebook there's nearly 38 000 'likes' for the Happy Birthday John posting!!

All to a man who has shunned public life for well over 14 years now and who was always so private during the 'heydays' anyway. That's outstanding 'fan love' that is rare in any entertainment arena.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

August 19, 2012 3:37 pm  #45

kazza474 wrote:

Wow, looking on Facebook there's nearly 38 000 'likes' for the Happy Birthday John posting!!

All to a man who has shunned public life for well over 14 years now and who was always so private during the 'heydays' anyway. That's outstanding 'fan love' that is rare in any entertainment arena.

No, we won't ever forget about Deaky - how can we?
It's just a little bit regrettable that we haven't seen him for a long time. But anyway, it's his choice and must be respected.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 1, 2012 8:10 pm  #46

Oh My Gooood!
I LOVE Queen! My favorite band. Freddie, my favorite singer. His voice is simply so amazing!
It's so sad I wasn't even born when Freddie ruled the world. I want to visit Freddies statue in Montreal some day.
I'm almost the only one in my school who really likes Queen and everybody thinks it's old fashioned (when I say "old fashioned" I have the urge to add Villain) but I think it's timeless.
My favorite Queensongs are: Bohemian Rhapsody, Killer Queen, Break free, Don't stop me (I think I have to stop here or I'll just list ALL Queen-songs)
Does anybody know some good Sherlock Videos with Queen music?
(I once saw one titled Sherlock "play the game" or something but it wasen't Queen - play the game.. that made me sad...)

MK

December 5, 2012 6:26 pm  #47

And me too, I am a big Queen fan. I don´t have time to listen to it much these days, but I still love them. I particulary appreciate Freddie´s singing, he was such an outstanding singer. And I am amazed by the number of Queen fans here on the forum!

Tout peut arriver dans la vie, et surtout rien.

April 24, 2013 2:15 pm  #48

Well, I'm also Queen fan. I love them. Their lyrics, Freddie's vocal and Brian's guitar...
My favourite songs are I'm going slightly mad, Bohemian Rhapsody and You're my best friend.

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

February 23, 2016 8:15 pm  #49

I've rediscovered the song "39" recently. It's not that well known but beautiful.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 30, 2019 2:04 pm  #50

I somehow never realized this topic was here. I was going to post in the "What Are You Listening To?" topic, but I decided this one might be more appropriate.

I have liked Queen's music for a while, but I've been starting to dive in deeper since watching Bohemian Rhapsody. I saw it once in the theatre and once at home and I really enjoyed it. Clearly everyone put a lot of hard work into it (I know there are some problems that went on behind the scenes, but I think they transcended that), and the camaraderie of the cast is so wonderful.

The song '39 has been in my head a lot lately. I hadn't heard it before exploring their music more this year, and I think it's one of my favourite of their songs.

Clueing for looks.

March 30, 2019 2:08 pm  #51

Bought Mum the Bohemian Rhapsody DVD for Mother's Day and she is thrilled!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 31, 2019 2:40 pm  #52

Nice.
The only thing that disappointed me about the DVD release for the film is that they didn't include deleted scenes on the bonus material.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera