BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 28, 2016 8:52 am  #1

Season 4 shorter?

i'm concerned because my onscreen cable guide shows The Six Thatchers as lasting only one hour. Are the new episodes going to be shorter or is the USA getting a heavily edited cut?

December 28, 2016 12:09 pm  #2

Re: Season 4 shorter?

Maybe it´s just the mistake on part of your cable provider?
Can´t imagine broadcasting a show with half an hour of action casually removed....

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 28, 2016 12:15 pm  #3

The episodes are 90 minutes long, you can see that at the bbc one tv guide. :-)

Maybe your cable provider got it wrong?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 30, 2016 4:05 am  #4

Schmiezi wrote:

The episodes are 90 minutes long, you can see that at the bbc one tv guide. :-)

Maybe your cable provider got it wrong?

I set up my DVR to record Sunday's showing of the new ep, and the 9PM show was scheduled at just over 90 minutes, but the one in the middle of the night, like at 3AM or something, showed it scheduled for two hours. Strange.

January 19, 2019 9:03 am  #5

That's so bad. Hope it start working soon.

January 19, 2019 10:11 am  #6

Were extras included?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera