BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 28, 2018 5:10 pm  #1821

Re: Chit-chat

Thank you Hee hee!

The Game is on

April 2, 2018 1:36 am  #1822

I'm kind of late, but Happy Easter, everyone!

Clueing for looks.

April 2, 2018 2:27 pm  #1823

Happy Easter to you too. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 25, 2018 1:55 pm  #1824

My mum found this cartoon in the paper this morning and put it on our fridge.

Clueing for looks.

October 25, 2018 3:09 pm  #1825

LOLOL!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 6, 2019 3:31 am  #1826

Guys I am very worried about this forum. I will post in every thread if I need to. Angel xx

“I am not afraid to keep on living” 

Lost, broken, afraid... but still here. As good as I can be, I guess?

Always Keep Fighting <3

January 6, 2019 5:38 pm  #1827

In my defence, I have been away on holiday twice!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2019 3:01 pm  #1828

Going on holiday is perfectly acceptable!

Don't worry Winchester, I for one am not going anywhere!

Clueing for looks.

January 16, 2019 4:01 pm  #1829

How are our UK members doing? I've been reading about the latest on Brexit in the papers, how some people are stocking up on supplies fearing the worst and about the discord around the rejected deal. It seems like a stressful time.

Clueing for looks.

January 16, 2019 5:02 pm  #1830

It's a nightmare...
Hey, could you respond to my DVD post, please?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 16, 2019 7:21 pm  #1831

I haven't been on here on my computer in a little while (last time I checked in I was on my phone). How long as the header image been missing?

Clueing for looks.

September 16, 2019 7:23 pm  #1832

No more than a week, I think...maybe less time. 
I guess something needs paying?
Hope we aren't about to be shut down completely...

September 16, 2019 8:16 pm  #1833

I hope not!  It looks like the pictures were hosted by tinypic, which is shutting down.  So I think the forum is still fine - it's just that the pictures are gone.  If the boss finds another host, we could have them back up, but as long as the words are here, I'm happy! 

Edit: from the tinypic website - looks like it's closing today, and the pics have been down since the 9th:
"TinyPic is shutting downDue to an inability to support a high-quality free digital service that derives 100% of its revenue from ever declining on-site revenues, TinyPic will be permanently shutting down on September 16, 2019. Because we want to give you as much notice and information as possible during our transition, please carefully review the following information.
What Should You Do Now?If you have a TinyPic user account, login and download all of the images you wish to preserve. Sorry, bulk download is not an option on TinyPic so you will need to download each image separately.I
MPORTANT DATES:

August 20, 2019 - no new images may be uploaded on TinyPic.
September 9, 2019 - hosted images will no longer be viewable on 3rd party websites. Because we are an anonymous hosting site and therefore cannot provide notice by e-mail to our users, we have opted to replace all hosted images with a temporary message directing them to this notice.
September 16, 2019 - last day for TinyPic account holders to access their accounts and download their images.
We would like to personally thank you for choosing TinyPic as your hosting service. Many of you have been utilizing our services since we launched back in April 2004. As you look for a new hosting service, please consider selecting one of the premium plans offered by our sister site, Photobucket."

I don't know if other hosting sites are going the same way? 

Last edited by Liberty (September 16, 2019 8:22 pm)

September 16, 2019 8:17 pm  #1834

Oh me, too...
I've just seen too many forums(fora?!) fall and have lost good friends!

September 16, 2019 8:21 pm  #1835

Yes, I've seen that happening too.  Sometimes the internet seems very transient. 

September 16, 2019 8:24 pm  #1836

In the past it was just the end of a forum, but these days it feels a bit more like the end of the show...

September 17, 2019 6:55 pm  #1837

Glad to know it's just that the website that hosts the image. I have to admit I wasn't sure what to read into it, if anything.

I know how you feel, besleybean... Sometimes it feels that way.

Clueing for looks.

September 17, 2019 6:59 pm  #1838

Nothing we can do, of course...
still have all the DVDs and all of the team's other projects.
I'm seeing Amanda in theatre next month and Andrew(via NT link) in November.

September 18, 2019 8:51 am  #1839

Yes, it is sad that the pics are gone. I do not have the time or the energy to create something new but I will remain here as a mod as long as the forum exists. 

As for the show: I still feel that the fans are owed an answer. There have been no news whatsoever for two and a half years which I think is not fair. This is not a film but a show. I think it would be fair to state if it is over or just postponed. I cannot remember any other show in which there was such a long wait for news, especially since the creators have repeatedly stated that they had planned five series. 
IMO this has nothing to do with being demanding but with fairness towards a very patient and enthusiastic fandom. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 18, 2019 3:35 pm  #1840

Well I know Steven has always said the same:  there has never been a decision of no more...but nobody has time for it at the moment.
For what it's worth: in recent interview, even Andrew said he would be open to more and his character is dead!

Board footera