BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 17, 2018 4:18 pm  #41

Re: Secret Santa 2018?

Phew, thank you!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

November 19, 2018 8:36 pm  #42

I am really happy about my prompt. I have got an idea already and am eager to start writing. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 20, 2018 12:15 am  #43

Glad to see the creative juices are flowing!

Clueing for looks.

November 20, 2018 7:00 am  #44

You are lucky. My prompt is nice but my mind is still blank. Have an idea but still don't know how to work with it and if it will be satisfying... for both parties.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 20, 2018 2:16 pm  #45

Sorry you are having some trouble,  but sometimes it just takes time to think things over.
I'm still figuring out what to write for mine.

Last edited by Yitzock (November 20, 2018 2:17 pm)

Clueing for looks.

November 22, 2018 10:51 pm  #46

Hi all, sorry for double-posting. But I realized last night that I forgot to include an email address in the PMs with your prompts so that you knew where to send the fics when you're finished. Sorry about that! 
I can either PM you all now an email where you can reach me, or you could PM me when you are ready to send it and I will give it to you then. But since I'm in a different time zone than the rest of you I'm thinking the first option is probably better.

Last edited by Yitzock (November 22, 2018 10:51 pm)

Clueing for looks.

November 23, 2018 10:29 am  #47

Yes, the first option might be better. Thank you. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 23, 2018 2:53 pm  #48

OK. I'll get to that.

Clueing for looks.

December 3, 2018 7:37 am  #49

What about your stories? I haven't written a single word so far. Should really start soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

December 3, 2018 1:55 pm  #50

Oh, I am just working on it. I went quite well so far but then I had an idea for quite some time. Good luck to you!

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 5, 2018 3:06 am  #51

My story is coming along. It took me a little while to settle on an idea I liked, now I have start writing and I just need to finish it.

Clueing for looks.

December 5, 2018 10:53 am  #52

Good to know I´m not the only one faring like that.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 8, 2018 9:04 pm  #53

Finished and sent. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 9, 2018 3:40 pm  #54

Thank you to everyone who has sent me their stories so far. I just wanted to check in and see how the rest of you are doing. I had tentatively set the deadline to December 14, but if you feel you need until the 20th, that's OK. What say you?

Clueing for looks.

December 9, 2018 8:06 pm  #55

nakahara wrote:

Finished and sent. 

Same here. 

December 10, 2018 7:17 am  #56

Yitzock wrote:

Thank you to everyone who has sent me their stories so far. I just wanted to check in and see how the rest of you are doing. I had tentatively set the deadline to December 14, but if you feel you need until the 20th, that's OK. What say you?

Could be that I need that.

(Tony Hadley)

December 10, 2018 3:58 pm  #57

That's just fine. If I'm going to be posting them over the Christmas holiday then that's still early enough to have them all in anyway.

Clueing for looks.

December 16, 2018 2:32 pm  #58

My story is finished but my beta has still not returned it yet. :-( So sorry for the delay. I will send it asap!

BUT writing it was so much fun that I finally started plotting a longer fic again. I am really looking forward to it. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 17, 2018 10:19 am  #59

This is very good news!

December 18, 2018 2:46 pm  #60

Yes, glad to hear things are going well for you on the writing front!
I hope things are going well for everyone else who is still working on their stories. I am looking forward to receiving the rest of the fics in the next couple of days!

Clueing for looks.

Board footera