BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 4, 2018 2:40 pm  #21

Re: Secret Santa 2018?

Yes, indeed!

So our participants are:
-SusiGo
-Kirkerian
-Schmiezi
-gently69
-nakahara?
and myself.

If there's anyone else, speak now. Otherwise, I'm thinking we should start on the questionnaires this week. Any final thoughts before we finalize it?

Clueing for looks.

November 5, 2018 3:37 pm  #22

Yes, count me in, please.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 5, 2018 5:19 pm  #23

Awesome!

Last edited by Yitzock (November 5, 2018 8:42 pm)

Clueing for looks.

November 6, 2018 1:48 pm  #24

OK. If we've got our list of participants and nobody has any other questions or comments then I will send out the questionnaires in the next 24 hours. Is a week long enough to think and filp them out?

Clueing for looks.

November 6, 2018 8:00 pm  #25

I'd say yes, it is.
Thank you for doing it!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

November 7, 2018 7:42 am  #26

It´s OK with me too.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 7, 2018 2:52 pm  #27

OK. I have sent out the questionnaires to all of you who are participating.

Clueing for looks.

November 7, 2018 6:46 pm  #28

Thank you!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

November 15, 2018 8:18 am  #29

Hi everyone
I was ill the last days so I answered the questionnaire just now.
But only one day of delay.
So we stick with a limit of 1.000 words?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 15, 2018 3:23 pm  #30

I think that is what we are sticking with, unless anyone has any objections?

Anyway, now that I have received all the questionnaires I will start working on the matchmaking process. I will do my best to do that and send out your prompts before the weekend. Do you all think a month from when you get the prompts is long enough to write a short fic?

Clueing for looks.

November 15, 2018 7:31 pm  #31

For me it should work. And now I hope very, very much to get a prompt that matches the idea I have been pondering for quite some time. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 15, 2018 7:45 pm  #32

Works for me as well. Hopefully. *nudges muse*

November 16, 2018 7:04 am  #33

Hopefully it works for me as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 16, 2018 10:59 am  #34

Works for me just fine too.

November 16, 2018 3:15 pm  #35

SusiGo wrote:

For me it should work. And now I hope very, very much to get a prompt that matches the idea I have been pondering for quite some time. 

No pressure, though, right? 

Clueing for looks.

November 16, 2018 4:05 pm  #36

All right, I have sent out all the prompts (I call them that, though it's basically just the questionnaire of the person you will be writing for). I hope you will be happy with them.

Please do your best to finish your 1000-word or less story by December 16th.  I was thinking of possibly extending that to December 20th, but let's see how we do with the one-month span.
Also, as you are writing it would be a great help to me if you put the BBCode for any italics, underlined, and bolded text so that I don't have to fix it later.

Happy writing!

Last edited by Yitzock (November 16, 2018 4:07 pm)

Clueing for looks.

November 16, 2018 7:15 pm  #37

Thank you! I'll do my best re the BB Code...
And have fun writing, everyone!

Last edited by Kerkerian (November 16, 2018 7:15 pm)

November 16, 2018 7:54 pm  #38

PS: Strict 1000 word limit or give or a take a few?

November 17, 2018 1:01 pm  #39

Yitzock wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

No pressure, though, right? 

It worked out fine, thank you so much. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 17, 2018 3:11 pm  #40

Kerkerian wrote:

PS: Strict 1000 word limit or give or a take a few?

Give or take a few words is fine. I just wanted it to be manageable for writers so nobody feels pressured to write something really long if they don't have time. 

Clueing for looks.

Board footera