BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 10, 2018 2:32 pm  #3481

Re: Favourite Martin pics

Another birthday photo together with some mysterious promises:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 10, 2018 10:17 pm  #3482

Recording some lines for their characters I guess. They look like they are having fun.

Clueing for looks.

September 13, 2018 9:26 am  #3483

Is he far-sighted? And is that a word? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

September 13, 2018 9:39 am  #3484

Yes, it's a word!  But he's not a youngster, so it could be presbyopia (I think that's the correct term!) - vision change due to aging.   The odd thing is that he's wearing glasses, so you'd think they would be correcting for that - but quite possibly they are not varifocals.

September 13, 2018 4:36 pm  #3485

The terms are long sighted and short sighted, I believe!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 15, 2018 10:47 pm  #3486

I thought we already knew that Martin and Mark wore glasses?

Clueing for looks.

September 16, 2018 6:39 am  #3487

Me, too.
Most of the cast do...it's an age thing!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 16, 2018 7:16 am  #3488

Yes, I think it's the particular vision problem that we're trying to diagnose - lol!   I'm still going for presbyopia, because I noticed a big change myself in my 40s.  I remember thinking, it doesn't matter how young you look for your age, it's a giveaway when you have to hold things away from you to read them! 

September 16, 2018 7:20 am  #3489

I know, sorry, I was being facetious as usual...
Each time I have my eyes tested, there is very little difference in my prescription...for long sightedness.
But I am really noticing a change now, I think there will be a massive alteration to my next prescription.

September 16, 2018 10:42 am  #3490

I've gone the other way.  I kept needing new glasses through my forties, and now have had the same prescription for years.  I was short-sighted to start with, so I wonder if that's what makes the difference?  (Sorry, getting OT, but it's so quiet, I don't suppose it matters!).  Anyway, I think Martin suits glasses. 

September 20, 2018 12:04 pm  #3491

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 20, 2018 5:27 pm  #3492

Nice.

September 26, 2018 11:48 am  #3493

September 26, 2018 11:51 am  #3494

September 26, 2018 3:05 pm  #3495

I wonder what he's laughing about in the first photo.

Clueing for looks.

September 26, 2018 4:20 pm  #3496

He is such a gorgeous sexy hunk.

September 27, 2018 11:08 am  #3497

New Vodafone advert:

September 27, 2018 3:36 pm  #3498

Love these ads.

September 27, 2018 10:22 pm  #3499

What theme song is it? Sherlock?

Clueing for looks.

September 28, 2018 2:41 pm  #3500

Board footera