BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 15, 2018 7:31 am  #1

Mr Szikora

In case you wondered why Mark possibly chose this name that does not appear in Canon - I really could not believe it:

https://raggedyblue.tumblr.com/post/174908147790/mr-szikora

And please read the linked BBC article or it does not make sense. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 19, 2018 3:28 pm  #2

Re: Mr Szikora

Interesting thoughts.
The second part of the post about the song is interesting, but I always thought it was more about John looking for Sherlock than relating to Mary, since it's the scene where Sherlock is about to reveal that he's been alive all along.

Clueing for looks.

June 19, 2018 6:33 pm  #3

Re: Mr Szikora

There does seem to be a link in that both names link to murder trials, but maybe it's a little bit tenous?  The video on the BBC site didn't work for me.  Looks like quite a nasty story, although it seems that "Mr Szikora" was a witness who wasn't involved in the murder itself. I'm not sure of the significance of John thinking the "witness" was Sherlock, and being wrong.     

Board footera