BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 14, 2018 3:33 pm  #1741

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

Love him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 22, 2018 9:21 pm  #1742

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 23, 2018 6:03 am  #1743

I just assumed it was an actor thing!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 23, 2018 7:17 am  #1744

Haha, lovely!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

June 1, 2018 10:06 pm  #1745

I usually refuse to quote or link articles from the Sun but this story is too good not to be shared:

Apparently Benedict jumped out of an Uber car to save a Deliveroo cyclist from being mugged in London.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6432784/sherlock-star-benedict-%c2%adcumberbatch-deliveroo-assault-driver/

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

June 2, 2018 6:18 am  #1746

Yeah, just seen it on Facebook...what a guy!
I am tempted to make a crude joke like: yes, I love pizza that much, too!

June 2, 2018 6:37 am  #1747

Wow, this seems crazy. I am not sure I believe it until it's confirmed somehow. Some people are writing that it could be a publicity stunt, and the thought did cross my mind.Not because I believe Ben would ever sink that low, but because this just sound too cliche. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

June 2, 2018 6:38 am  #1748

I am absolutely positive it is not a publicity stunt...apparently the Met have confirmed the story.

June 2, 2018 12:12 pm  #1749

The Met said: “Police were called at 21:30hrs on Saturday, 25 November 2017 to reports of an assault in Marylebone High Street, W1. Officers attended and established the victim was a delivery driver who had been assaulted.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/benedict-cumberbatch-hailed-superhero-after-12636019

Apparently the incident happened last year in November. There is no reason why someone would make up such a story now. Details mights have been exaggerated by the media, but I am positive that Benedict jumped in to save the victim of such an attack. Kudos to him and also to the car driver who helped him to keep the thugs at bay.

The whole story of "Sherlock came to the rescue" might sound surreal, but sometimes life imitates art. 

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

June 2, 2018 3:33 pm  #1750

Oh, from last year. Still really cool, though. But, yeah, a bit surreal. It does sound too cliche to be true. I see that Norwegian online newspapers have picked this up now as well.

Team Hudders!

June 2, 2018 5:26 pm  #1751

Deliveroo have also tweeted their thanks and newspapers like The Telegraph have reported as well. No idea why it  became known only now but I think we can take it as fact that this happened. 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 2, 2018 9:04 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 2, 2018 8:35 pm  #1752

Bless him.

June 5, 2018 12:24 pm  #1753

Considering how dangerous London is nowadays, that was a very brave thing to do. Kudos both to Benedict and to the courageous Uber driver who scared the thugs off and who saved this poor cyclist. True heroes, no doubt!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 12, 2018 6:28 am  #1754

Sweetest person ever:

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 12, 2018 6:28 am  #1755

Sob. xx

June 12, 2018 7:05 am  #1756

He is such a family man. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 12, 2018 2:23 pm  #1757

I saw another interview where he mentioned that anecdote, but I like how he describes it in this one. And he looks like he's close to tears.

Clueing for looks.

June 12, 2018 4:29 pm  #1758

Oh stop it...

September 26, 2018 12:43 pm  #1759

diva wrote:

I usually refuse to quote or link articles from the Sun but this story is too good not to be shared:

Apparently Benedict jumped out of an Uber car to save a Deliveroo cyclist from being mugged in London.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6432784/sherlock-star-benedict-%c2%adcumberbatch-deliveroo-assault-driver/

Benedict speaks more about this incident on Ellen:

Sweet guy. I love him.

September 26, 2018 1:11 pm  #1760

He is so wonderfully modest and seems to feel really awkward to even talk about it. 

Board footera