BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 26, 2018 4:33 pm  #21

Re: The Game Is Now

I did not work it out myself but found it on Twitter. ;-)

fortknox

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 26, 2018 4:39 pm  #22

Oh right, so I was well off!
Cheers, my dear.
So did you enter the site and see that one of the listed suggestions is correct?
If people don't want to know...
N.B SPOILER ALERT!

The (sensible)suggestions made were: an Escape Room(well done Liberty)
A tour of the list of places discussed by Anderson and Lestrade in Seasons Greetings.
A game like Pokemon Go(personally I hope it isn't this as I am such a technophobe)
A game show.
New books.

Last edited by besleybean (May 26, 2018 4:48 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 26, 2018 4:45 pm  #23

Thank you, Schmiezi! I was never going to be able to work that out by myself!

May 26, 2018 4:46 pm  #24

Did you see my post above, dear and no, I would never have got it?!
I was quite near watching that bit on TBB, too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 26, 2018 6:48 pm  #25

No, I didn't see your post!  Thank you for the update!  Rache thought of the escape room first. I just liked the idea of a Sherringford theme! 

May 26, 2018 6:58 pm  #26

I do humbly beg your pardon, Rache.

May 27, 2018 2:51 pm  #27

Seeing how it's a London thing, it's probably the tour. Escape rooms rotate over to other locations as far as I know.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

May 27, 2018 2:52 pm  #28

Yeah but it could originate in London.

May 27, 2018 3:11 pm  #29

Schmiezi wrote:

I did not work it out myself but found it on Twitter. ;-)

fortknox

Schmiez!!!!      XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

I also totally cheated.  *giggle*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 27, 2018 3:12 pm  #30

I don't think sharing is cheating, I think it's being nice!

June 5, 2018 6:20 am  #31

It’s official now, the game is an interactive escape room style game in London. Tickets are now on sale until January 2019 and cost £54 per person. The game lasts 90 minutes and players are teamed in groups of 4-6 people.
All in all it sounds like fun but nothing I would travel for. Might consider taking part if I’d happen to be in London during that time, otherwise I’m giving this a miss.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

June 5, 2018 6:22 am  #32

Yes I'm gonna have to make it for my regular October London trip...now to find 3 people who will go with me!
Will check with my sis first...

June 5, 2018 7:32 am  #33

I would want to give it a go whenever I'm back in London, but I'm not super-hyped about it. Still cool that they are doing something Sherlockian, though!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

June 5, 2018 8:19 am  #34

I love escape rooms, so this is right up my street!  I found an article about it here: https://www.buzzfeed.com/scottybryan/sherlock-escape-the-room-london and I'm delighted that it does mention Sherrinford/TFP, but apparently it's not as dark! 

The experience will be set in the present day, after the most recent episode, "The Final Problem", because, Moffat said, "We haven't ended Series 4 on a devastating cliffhanger."

"Normally when we do things like this, we have to try and explain where it fits into the previous episodes because Sherlock is 'dead', or he has been recalled to England, or whatever," Moffat said. "But this time Sherlock and John [Martin Freeman] are in Baker Street solving crimes. That's what they are doing."

I think it could be really, really good.  It is a little bit pricey, though, and although I'd love to go it's probably too much once I factor in travel to London.  Plus trying to find other people who want to pay too!  (Unless we ever have a forum outing there!). 

June 5, 2018 12:07 pm  #35

I'm just highly amused that once again the Fandom figured it out ahead of time. 

Another small article.
http://ew.com/tv/2018/06/05/sherlock-escape-room-london/

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 5, 2018 12:26 pm  #36

diva wrote:

It’s official now, the game is an interactive escape room style game in London. Tickets are now on sale until January 2019 and cost £54 per person. The game lasts 90 minutes and players are teamed in groups of 4-6 people.
All in all it sounds like fun but nothing I would travel for. Might consider taking part if I’d happen to be in London during that time, otherwise I’m giving this a miss.

At least it´s something Sherlockian.
Londoners, enjoy!

Last edited by nakahara (June 5, 2018 12:27 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 5, 2018 6:51 pm  #37

Grr...doesn't start for my Scottish school hols in October...
Wonder if I can sneak in an extra cheeky trip to London in December/ Jan.

June 5, 2018 7:02 pm  #38

They did say they'd like to expand international in the future.  Something to hope for. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 5, 2018 8:15 pm  #39

It sounds like fun but I fear I will stay there for the rest of my life since I am not very good at solving such puzzles. I could not crack the code they had either. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 5, 2018 8:17 pm  #40

They do let you out, whether you win or lose!

Board footera