BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 19, 2018 7:15 pm  #41

Re: CARGO - new film to star Martin Freeman

Yes staff, can we have a decision on this please?
I would really like to discuss the film, too.
I think you are all familiar with my views by now:  which fools would visit a thread on a film they haven't seen, if they don't want spoilers..
But anyway, not my decision!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 20, 2018 3:09 pm  #42

I wouldn't mind putting a spoiler alert in the heading.  I just wonder if there are people interested in the movie that might still want to hear opinions without being spoiled.   Just for now let's keep putting major spoilers undercover.

And I watched it last night.  Was honestly sobbing by the end.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 20, 2018 3:10 pm  #43

Me too, tonnaree and thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 20, 2018 3:52 pm  #44

Martin and a cute baby. 
We were doomed BB.  Doomed    

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 20, 2018 4:11 pm  #45

Not a major spoiler  I hope, but for me....

The kids stole the whole show.

May 20, 2018 4:24 pm  #46

Ok, I will write my thoughts on the movie, everything in spoiler tags. Major spoilers within!

I liked how they early on showed that the strain was getting to him and his wife. An how he made some bad descisions from the start (telling her it was safe in the yacht, forcing her to come with them in the car...). 

But to me the premiss is also incredibly heartbreaking. Knowing there is no cure, and he only has 48 hours. And things kept going from bad to worse. That man caging people as bait, forcing that woman to live with him...

Also seeing some zombies here and there, Andy getting to see what state he would be in, within hours. Vic getting ready to break Rosie's neck... some truly horrible scenes. Not because of what was done or seen in itself, but what it implied. Really well done.

What got me the most was the last scene. Andy still having the wits about him enough to lay the plan of him becoming a mule. And seeing him as a zombie was absolutely horrible. He didn't die because of the spear, his personality was already gone. Absolutely horryfing. Yet there was still a trace of him left, recognizing the perfume. What a lovely move from Thoomi. 

Andy dying hour by hour, only hoping that Rosie would find a place. Never knowing if she was truly safe, never getting to see her grow up or even meet the ones that would raise her. The "Thank you" he wrote on her belly. It broke my heart, every little bit of it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

May 20, 2018 4:34 pm  #47

SPOILER ALERT![size=100](I don't do boxes!)

I agree with you about his bad choices at the start.  Though to be fair, he didn't expect her to follow his tracks. But he defo put Rosie at risk with that second choice.
Yeah how wicked, to cage those poor people.
I think after seeing his wife...nothing was gonna be worse than that.
Yeah, that threat to Rosie was horrid.
The mule thing was cool. 
Yes, the perfume thing was a lovely touch.
It was the 'thank you' that made me cry.
But I kind of disagree with you on the last part.  Well I guess he never knew they were gonna make it, but I feel he knew that if the kid(sorry, forget her name), did make it...she was certianly gonna take great care of Rosie.
That river side guy seeing off himself and his family, too...that was tragic.
[/size]

Last edited by besleybean (May 20, 2018 4:36 pm)

May 20, 2018 4:42 pm  #48

I like the fact that for a "Zombie movie," they didn't focus on the zombies.  And that it was such an intimate story.  They didn't try to show us the whole world, just what happened to this one family.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 20, 2018 4:44 pm  #49

Indeed.
As I said I hate zombie pix(what is it with Martin and his pal Simon?!).
But as soon as I'd seen this, I understood why Martin took the role.
A story about family, love, loyalty and trust.

Last edited by besleybean (May 20, 2018 6:09 pm)

May 20, 2018 5:48 pm  #50

Meeny-miney spoilers coming up.

Yeah, that's what I liked about it too. The focus of the tragedy of the story of the little family.

And, yes, that man and his family by the river - that teared me up as well. Horryfing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

May 31, 2018 2:46 pm  #51

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 31, 2018 8:12 pm  #52

Very interesting and well put - thanks for sharing, tonnaree!

Team Hudders!

Board footera