BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 5, 2018 4:01 pm  #21

Re: CARGO - new film to star Martin Freeman

I just watched the trailer and was laughing hard when I realised that his daughter is called Rosie. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 8, 2018 9:14 pm  #22

That's funny.

Clueing for looks.

April 15, 2018 7:54 am  #23

Love little coincidences like that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 21, 2018 8:49 pm  #24

Some people already seen Cargo and shared their impressions of it - very positive impressions!

https://lovedasmartarse.tumblr.com/post/173127258472/cargo#notes

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 21, 2018 8:50 pm  #25

Cool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 22, 2018 8:03 am  #26

Really looking forward to this one. I get the impression its an acting tour de force for Martin, and that is always a joy to watch.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 24, 2018 8:58 am  #27

Another Cargo poster:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 24, 2018 4:44 pm  #28

Spooky hand!

Clueing for looks.

April 24, 2018 4:49 pm  #29

Cool image, tho.

May 18, 2018 11:56 am  #30

The movie is on Netflix today!!!!!

Plan to watch it sometime this weekend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 18, 2018 3:26 pm  #31

Oh cool, possibly me too, then!

May 18, 2018 9:20 pm  #32

I just watched this movie today, the credits are still rolling as I typed this.

I didn't think this movie would get to me. I just thought "Oh, a new Martin movie - cool!" But my goodness, what a movie. I had a lump in my throat throughout half the movie, was on the edge of my seat throughout and even cried a bit too. I can't remember last time a movie made me cry. 

This is of course also due to the fact that MAJOR SPOILER!!! 

I've never seen Martin Freeman die in a movie before

I don't want to say too much as I don't want to spoil anything, but wow. Not an easy movie, it was really tough. Some scenes are really hard to watch. I'm still quite shaken. I don't think I will ever want to watch it again, but it was so well done, all of it. Amazing and horrifying movie.

Last edited by Vhanja (May 18, 2018 9:31 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

May 19, 2018 6:40 am  #33

Oh wow, thanks Vhanja.
I won't read anymore of your post, but you have really made me look forward to try and watch this today.
Oh and thanks for the heads up about it being on Netflix guys. I was also able to tell one of my other Sherlock pals on Twitter and she's gonna try and see it, too.
I say also, because of course it's a fabulous escape for me from seeing the f-----g royal wedding!

May 19, 2018 12:47 pm  #34

Sorry to reply to my own post.
Just watched it.
I hate zombie film, but aw...
This was lovely and darn well nearly made me cry.
Well done, Martin.
Oh and I will go and look at Vhanja's spoiler and fully read her post, now.

Oh I agree...wouldn't be in a rush to see it again, but excellent work.

Last edited by besleybean (May 19, 2018 12:48 pm)

May 19, 2018 12:50 pm  #35

I don't like zombie movies either. But this wasn't a regular zomie movie, which was what the creators aimed for. And succeeded, in my opinion.

Team Hudders!

May 19, 2018 1:22 pm  #36

Yes, we have to trust the judgement of high calibre actors like Martin.
I could well see his attraction to the project.  
The boy done good.
I spotted 'Safe' while I was searching for 'Cargo'...may give that a go now.

May 19, 2018 2:07 pm  #37

I'm really enjoying Safe, and Amanda is great in it!  I think I want to finish it before watching Cargo, so will avoid the spoiler, but glad to hear it's so good!

May 19, 2018 2:08 pm  #38

Just on second ep of Safe, god it's good, isn't it?!

Last edited by besleybean (May 19, 2018 2:08 pm)

May 19, 2018 6:20 pm  #39

When we first heard Martin was doing this I went and watched the short film it is based on.  So, the spoiler wasn't really a shock to me.  It's also the reason I knew Martin was going to nail this one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 19, 2018 6:53 pm  #40

Well, it's not really a shock per se, narrative-wise. But it still got to me. Not only that, but there were other scenes too, that I found quite hard to watch. Really rough territory.

More people need to see it, or the threads need a spoiler alert, because I really want to discuss this movie with you guys!

Team Hudders!

Board footera