BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 15, 2017 10:24 pm  #1

Greetings from Quebec Canada!

Hello there!

I'm so glad to have found this site! I first watched BBC's Sherlock a couple of years ago in french. I liked it but since it did no air regularly I kind of forgot about it.Then a few weeks ago, my partner decided to try out Netflix. At first I didn't see what all the excitement was about and THEN... I got to watch BBC's Sherlock in its original english version... 

I was hooked. Seriouly hooked. Watched the 4 complete seasons in about 4 days... and had to work hard to stop myself from watching it a second time (I finally did watch it a second time after a feew weeks).

Then I searched for the music from the series and nom I'm listening to it ALL THE TIME... (I do think it plays in my head at night and wakes me up).

So I'm a new fan but no less fervent!

I live in Quebec (Canada) so forgive me if my english is sometimes akward. I love watching TV in english but I dont get to practice writing or speaking it to often.

Other than that I'm also a big fan of Star Trek and... certain japanese animés. That's where my pseudo comes from. A 1970's animé (and if some of you can "deduce" wich one, then just like John, I will say "Amazing!"). I have written a few fanfics under said pseudo (but, in french of course)

Glad to be here and looking forward to reading this great forum!

June 16, 2017 6:08 am  #2

Re: Greetings from Quebec Canada!

Welcome, Oscar1965!  It's great to see a new person discovering this show .  Enjoy!

June 16, 2017 10:35 am  #3

Thank you Liberty! Now I NEED a season 5...

June 16, 2017 10:37 am  #4

Welcome, Oscar
I like Star Trek too

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

June 16, 2017 10:54 am  #5

Hi Ewige! I've loved Star Trek since I was a kid! I hown almost 200 ST novels and I have been to 2 ST conventions (a long while ago though)...

Are there any BBC's SH novels out there I could get? 

June 16, 2017 11:02 am  #6

Welcome, Oscar, great to have you here! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 16, 2017 2:47 pm  #7

Welcome, Oscar! Nice to see another Canadian join us here on the forum! 

Clueing for looks.

June 16, 2017 3:27 pm  #8

Thank you SusiGo and Yitzock!

May 6, 2018 1:43 am  #9

Yeeaahooooo! 

Sooo excited! You know why? (no sorry, it's not about a series 5 for Sherlock but almost as good, for me): 
 this canadian is heading for a 3 week trip to England!!!

1 week in London than 1 week inthe Corwall area and finaly Yorkshire... If you know some thing that you think I should see, feel free to make suggestions!
I'llbe there from 10th to the 31st of July!

May 6, 2018 6:38 am  #10

You are choosing three fabulous places to visit.
Never been to Cornwall and always wanted to go.
There is so much in London, you will be spoilt for choice. Just wander about and enjoy the sites and sights!
Yorkshire.  I'm  a Yorkshire girl by birth, so I'm bound to say you've chosen the best county!  York is an absolute must and nearby Harrogate is lovely, too.  You may also fancy the Brontes home town of Haworth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 6, 2018 6:52 am  #11

Whereabouts in Yorkshire will you be?  It's huge and there's so much to see, it's difficult to narrow it down!  Do you have any particular things you're interested in?  (History, countryside, art, museums, etc.?).  There are three national parks: Yorkshire Dales, Peak District and North York Moors, all lovely in their own way!  If you haven't had enough of the coast in Yorkshire, there are some nice coastal walks and villages.  I like the picturesque ones like Whitby, Robin Hood's Bay, Staithes, etc.  I love York (but I'm biased!) - lots of old buildings, history everywhere, a massive Minster, a great rail museum, will have the Shakespear Rose theatre open when you visit.   I could go on for ever, and none of these are absolute must-sees, it really depends what you're interested in!

Last edited by Liberty (May 6, 2018 6:58 am)

May 6, 2018 6:56 am  #12

Oh God I forgot Whitby.  Yes, for the coast and if you're a Dracula fan.  Whitby is the place. You can ride a steam train in that area, too!

Last edited by besleybean (May 6, 2018 6:56 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 15, 2018 9:39 pm  #13

Sorry for the delay (work... and it is spring over here so I've enjoyed being outdoors without a coat!)

Thank you Besleybean and Liberty! I think choosing will be difficult since I like nature, history, art, museums... Right now the only thing that has been decided is the first week in London (but no details). 

Is it true that you can visit museums for FREE?

August 2, 2018 6:28 pm  #14

Hi there! I've just com back from my (fabulous) trip to England and I wanted to share a weird thing that happened on the way back and how my tired brain played a little trick on me. 

So, it's half-way trough a 5,30 h hours flight from London to St-John's. I don't watch many movies but since I can't sleep when on a plane, I look trough the selection and decide to watch " Murder on Orient-Express". Poirot's mustache is incredible but the actor playing the character has these naging moves and looks that play on my subconcious for the first half of the film when suddenly I have one of those "Eureka moments": the reason my mind is so disturbed by this actor is because I know him! It' Martin Freeman! And for the next half of the story I keep recognising his eyes, the way he moves etc. And I'm wondering at the strange twist of Freeman playing the role of a very famous detective...

Until the end credits run and I DON'T see Freeman's name at all but Kenneth Brannagh's... The two do look very much alike but I was so SURE it was Freeman...Turns out my mind WAS playing games with me... But not the one I tought...

August 3, 2018 1:31 pm  #15

I guess you were fooled by the moustache! I suppose it does bear similarity to Watson's moustache in The Abominable Bride, come to think of it. But Kenneth Branagh is a great actor, too, so I am sure it's a flattering mix-up for the actors "involved."

Clueing for looks.

July 20, 2020 11:15 am  #16

Hi Ewige! I've loved Star Trek since I was a kid! I hown almost 200 ST novels and I have been to 2 ST conventions (a long while ago though)...

Are there any BBC's SH novels out there I could get? 

The ETA is an official document that allows travelers to get Sri Lanka ETA Online.

Board footera