BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 29, 2018 7:34 pm  #21

Re: Miss Sherlock

Now that you mention it... yes, the wallpaper certainly mirrors BBC Sherlock, doesn´t it? 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 2, 2018 2:25 pm  #22

And a date of a premiere for this interesting project (along with information about characters and cast) is finally known - 27-th of April!

https://www.clickthecity.com/tv/a/34336/global-premiere-of-hbo-asia-and-hulu-co-production-miss-sherlock-on-april-27

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 2, 2018 5:12 pm  #23

I have to admit I'm a little confused. The beginning of the article said that the series would premiere "globablly across 20 territories in Asia" but the end just says "globally." So I don't know whether that means it will be available in countries outside of Asia or not.

Clueing for looks.

April 17, 2018 10:47 am  #24

April 17, 2018 12:19 pm  #25

DramaQueen wrote:

They let her play the cello - of course, because you have to spread your legs for it. Dusgusting.

Are you seriously saying that women should not play the cello because of how it is held? THAT is a sexist position if ever I've seen one! (Should we ride horses sidesaddle, and scooters instead of motorbikes, and not play recorders or tin whistles at all?)

They might have chosen the cello because they wanted a change from the usual violin, or maybe because the actress actually knows how to play the cello, or maybe the producer just loves the sound of the cello (which is a wonderful instrument)...

Last edited by Kittyhawk (April 17, 2018 12:21 pm)

April 20, 2018 12:48 pm  #26

New stills arrived!

April 20, 2018 7:22 pm  #27

nakahara wrote:

Episode titles of five episodes revealed!

https://iamjohnlocked4life.tumblr.com/post/172874186869/miss-sherlock-episode-titles

Intriguing. Unless there's a title I'm forgetting or don't know about, none of these immediately strike me as titles directly based on the the original stories' titles, so I'm curious what the plotlines will be (if I'll be able to watch the show).

Clueing for looks.

April 20, 2018 7:51 pm  #28

I´m curious about that too. I have my fingers crossed that I´ll be able to watch the show somehow.

April 24, 2018 11:08 am  #29

FemWatson being cutely upset that FemHolmes eats some weird dumpling:

April 24, 2018 4:45 pm  #30

Hee hee!
Has the show started or is that from a trailer?

Clueing for looks.

April 25, 2018 11:35 am  #31

I presume it´s just trailer.

April 29, 2018 1:22 pm  #32

BBC Sherlock should learn some moves from his japanese counterpart:

April 29, 2018 1:54 pm  #33

May 2, 2018 10:56 pm  #34

The three gifs in your first post made me smile.
I really like the "Miss Sherlock" titles.

Clueing for looks.

May 17, 2018 7:10 pm  #35

Charming Episode 1 cast:

May 18, 2018 6:49 pm  #36

Nice photo.

Clueing for looks.

July 2, 2018 8:47 pm  #37

I started watching and after three episodes I am really hooked. Beautiful set design, good camerawork, interesting cases, and I love the actors. Sherlock is really beautiful and cool, a perfect match for Benedict. Her interactions with Wato are great and I like how they turned so many things from BBC Sherlock into their opposite: Sherlock always eating to keep her brains going, Sherlock denying that she and Wato are friends although everyone can see this is not true, Sherlock and her brother having a close relationship ... 

I am very excited for the other six episodes. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 4, 2018 6:33 am  #38

I have no time to watch anything these days, but I still managed to watch the first episode of Miss Sherlock and I relished it. Their take on "the murderous pill" from Study in Scarlett was interesting and I loved the little touches, like Wato coming from Syria, Sherlock being stylish and cool and the like. Very nice take on Sherlock, that!

July 4, 2018 11:31 am  #39

I agree. And the episodes are getting better and better. Great storytelling, lovely set designs and an exciting mixture of Japanese and European culture. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 4, 2018 11:44 am  #40

Good to know! I am already excited about other episodes too!

Board footera