BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 28, 2018 8:25 pm  #301

Re: Still unexplained secrets?

I just think a lot of it is stress on Mycroft's part...he's had a hell of a life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 28, 2018 8:38 pm  #302

I think it's in the nature of sibling rivalry that it would be natural to feel some resentment if your brother was the obvious favourite.   I wouldn't blame if he did sometimes feel it (although, as I say, it's not something we really see much of).   We do see how much they care for each other in TFP, despite the resentments.

April 28, 2018 9:11 pm  #303

But Mycroft does also mentions "old scores" - what could he indicate with that?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

http://49.media.tumblr.com/eb0e156f55878fcd6f89dcf91ae89811/tumblr_o0eyyzrphE1spvwrzo2_1280.gif

April 28, 2018 9:23 pm  #304

If he's not just deflecting John, then I think probably more of the same - the sibling rivalry.   Sherlock seems to so easily wound up by Mycroft and starts acting like a teenager - I bet they have had many arguments that we haven't seen.  If Mycroft gets overprotective, Sherlock tends to rebel against him, so making his concern evident maybe isn't the best way to safeguard him. 

But I'm still bearing in my mind that Mycroft needs to put John off the scent.  He's claiming that he can't talk to Sherlock because of these old scores, but at some point he must have worked closely with him on planning the fall.

April 28, 2018 9:40 pm  #305

Liberty wrote:

But I'm still bearing in my mind that Mycroft needs to put John off the scent.  He's claiming that he can't talk to Sherlock because of these old scores, but at some point he must have worked closely with him on planning the fall.

That´s a good point!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

http://49.media.tumblr.com/eb0e156f55878fcd6f89dcf91ae89811/tumblr_o0eyyzrphE1spvwrzo2_1280.gif

April 29, 2018 1:36 am  #306

That is certainly a possibility.

Board footera