BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 20, 2018 7:49 pm  #21

Re: Ghost Stories

JP wrote:

Well I've seen the whole League of Gentlemen! And many odd films made by/with Mark, plus one of his appearances on NTLife. Started watching Dr. Who. And watched History of Horror (both versions) not being a horror fan. And watched all available Hamlets to prepare for Ben's one. And watched a Marvel movie - in an IMAX to avoid dubbing. Watched a musical with Lara Pulver on TV (I hate musicals!). Watched The Night Manager because of Alistair Petrie.

But thinking about it - I wouldn't do as much for Martin.

Well, the segment of the movie they had shown was quite scary... but I think I´ll risk it. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 20, 2018 8:05 pm  #22

Oh likewise...part of the last League of Genetlemen made me cry, it was so lovely.
Love Dr Who and both hubby and I enjoyed the history of horror- though neither of us watch(ed) those films.
I've only seen 3 Hamlets!
Late to the MU, but now love it!
Oh I watch everything with our Sherlockian actors in...
Jeez, I watched Night Manager for TOM! Oh, Hiddles, I mean!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 20, 2018 8:09 pm  #23

besleybean wrote:

That´s one thing I couldn´t handle... it had wonderful cast, but it was too dark and sinister for me. 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 20, 2018 8:23 pm  #24

Really?
Well I supposeit was quite violent, certainly too violent for me...but I didn't find it particularly dark or sinister.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 20, 2018 9:12 pm  #25

I didn´t make it past the first episode - maybe it become less dark later?

April 20, 2018 9:13 pm  #26

Oh yeah, that was upsetting...

April 20, 2018 10:57 pm  #27

besleybean wrote:

Oh likewise...part of the last League of Genetlemen made me cry, it was so lovely.

It's a really rare mix of hideous and smart. With occasional heartbreaking. And genius cast.

I've only seen 3 Hamlets!

Gibson, Tennant, Branagh. And a Polish one for understanding. Then Ben's and Andrew's. Still don't like the play though.

And I went to see Coriolanus for Mark! :D

April 21, 2018 7:11 am  #28

To be fair, I went to see Coriolanus for Mark, too!
My Hamlets:  Derek Jacobi(40 years ago!), Benedict and Andrew.  
Andrew's is my favourite and I feel I know the play a bit better now.

April 22, 2018 12:49 am  #29

I just watched the teaser for the section of Ghost Stories in which Martin appears (I recognized the young actor, too, I can't remember his name though...). I don't think this is for me, but it's nice to see it's getting good reviews and that Martin gets to be in a different kind of film than we've seen him in before.

Clueing for looks.

April 22, 2018 6:46 am  #30

Yes, he is a talented actor.

Board footera