BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2018 4:56 pm  #1

The Grinch

Here is the first trailer:

http://anindoorkitty.tumblr.com/post/171662170794/one-thing-the-new-the-grinch-has-going-for-it-the

Amazing how his voice is a versatile as all the rest of him. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 8, 2018 5:16 pm  #2

Re: The Grinch

I have so many mixed emotions about this one. 
To me, the original cartoon is a childhood treasure and cannot be improved upon.
But it's BEN!!!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 8, 2018 6:39 pm  #3

Lucky for me, I have never read or seen any version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 8, 2018 7:37 pm  #4

Dr. Suess was a big part of my childhood.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 8, 2018 10:38 pm  #5

I enjoyed the cartoon version of the book as a kid (I don't think I ever actually read the original book even though I enjoyed some other Dr. Seuss books). I never liked the live action version of the Grinch so I never expected or needed another adaptation to be made.
Having watched the trailer, I don't think I object to this. It could be difficult to add things to this as a feature without adding too many things, and I'm concerned that because Illumination is doing this that it might only be second- or third-rate when it comes to the quality of animated films that are available. But it seems like it might be alright.
Except for the laugh, I found it hard to recognize Benedict's voice in a lot of moments. It seems like he had fun recording the lines, though.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera