BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 21, 2017 10:15 pm  #2101

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

Hm, I can't remember what you've read before. You've read the Grace-series, I assume? 

Then there is the long Scotland-series ( http://archiveofourown.org/series/232869 ). I've only read the first fic of that series, but absolutely loved it. I've been following and saving the other two fics for a rainy day. (Which reminds me, should read them soon!)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 23, 2017 8:29 am  #2102

Vhanja wrote:

Hm, I can't remember what you've read before. You've read the Grace-series, I assume? 

Then there is the long Scotland-series ( http://archiveofourown.org/series/232869 ). I've only read the first fic of that series, but absolutely loved it. I've been following and saving the other two fics for a rainy day. (Which reminds me, should read them soon!)

No, the Grace series doesn't sound familiar, and I haven't read the Scotland series, so THANK YOU!!!  

"It is what it is"
"You see, but you do not observe"

"I shall die upon a cloud of Johnlock fluff and have my body launched into the sun". - LadyTuesday

December 24, 2017 10:57 pm  #2103

You haven't read "For the Grace of John Watson"-series? Wow, then that should be the next on your list. It's novel-length and novel-quality.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 27, 2017 3:36 pm  #2104

I discovered an interesting AU, Sherlock and Sixth Sense crossover version of ASiP. Well written and very original:

De profundis[/url] (32036 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/darcylindbergh]darcylindbergh
Chapters: 7/7
Fandom: Sherlock (TV), The Sixth Sense (1999)
Rating: Mature
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Greg Lestrade, Mycroft Holmes, Mrs Hudson
Additional Tags: Episode: s01e01 A Study in Pink, Alternate Universe - Fusion, Alternate Universe - Different First Meeting, Canon-Typical Violence, Mentions of Suicide, Irreverent Discussion of Death, Irreverent Discussion of Religion, Ghosts, Spooky stories, Character Death, Anyone and Everyone Could Be Dead, Dark Humor
Summary: 

Sherlock Holmes sees dead people. Which, although not necessarily ideal, has mostly turned out to be fine.

Or, it was, until one day he looks up, and sees John Watson.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 28, 2017 11:20 am  #2105

That sounds interesting, Susi. I'll give it a try.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 29, 2017 5:04 pm  #2106

I'm reading it now (I'm at around 60%) and it's very entertaining and intriguing. Thanks for the rec.

"It is what it is"

"I shall die upon a cloud of Johnlock fluff and have my body launched into the sun". - LadyTuesday

December 29, 2017 5:13 pm  #2107

Glad you like it. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 30, 2017 7:01 pm  #2108

SusiGo wrote:

So I started reading some heartwarming Christmas fics and here is lovely little one (good times, guaranteed Mary-free):

Last Christmas[/url] (3911 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/Mazarin221b]Mazarin221b
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Additional Tags: Christmas, Fluff, Prompt Fic, sherlock is a genius, Sherlock is also an idiot, First Kiss
Summary: 

Written for Merlinlefay, who won me in the FuckYeahJohnLockFanfic 10,000 Followers Giveaway. Her prompt was: "I’ve been listening to Christmas songs a lot lately and Wham’s “Last Christmas” comes to mind. I’m a sucker for angst, but I’d appreciate a happy ending, if possible!”  Well, it may not be as angsty as you like, but trust me, I nailed the happy ending. Merry Christmas!

That Earth-shaking revelation, then, leads to a problem, and one that Sherlock realizes should be solved quickly, before John’s dates turn into girlfriends or boyfriends, because sometimes girlfriends or boyfriends can turn into wives or husbands while your back is turned. Every time John hums happily at the mirror as he shaves, splashes on a little gift cologne Mrs. Hudson bought him for Christmas, Sherlock is drawn back to that night by the fire, and the way John’s touch had made the world stand still.

Just read this, it was lovely! 

Team Hudders!

December 31, 2017 6:03 pm  #2109

I just finished it and it was delicious! By the way, "Good times" should be a standard tag for Mary-free Johnlock fics. 

Happy New Year, Johnlockers! In some parallel universe, Sherlock and John are getting all dressed up to impress each other and will finally kiss at midnight. 

"It is what it is"

December 31, 2017 7:43 pm  #2110

Oh, yes, I am sure they do. 

And I am glad you liked it. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 31, 2017 7:43 pm)

December 31, 2017 11:16 pm  #2111

Happy New Year, indeed! :D

Team Hudders!

January 6, 2018 11:08 am  #2112

If you want to have a laugh, read this. Lovely story:

You Have 487 New Messages (Or, In Which Sherlock Holmes Starts a Grouptext)[/url] (13333 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/JenTheSweetie]JenTheSweetie
Chapters: 28/28
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Greg Lestrade, Molly Hooper, Mrs. Hudson (Sherlock Holmes), Mycroft Holmes
Additional Tags: post-s4, dedicated to everyone who has ever been trapped in a grouptext, text fic, borderline crack because why not, Eventual Johnlock
Summary: 

MH: Please remove me from this thread.
blue

January 18, 2018 11:13 am  #2113

And here is something for the heart:

If Equal Affection Cannot Be[/url] (31158 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/blueink3]blueink3
Chapters: 3/3
Rating: Explicit
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Rosamund Mary "Rosie" Watson, Mrs. Hudson (Sherlock Holmes)
Additional Tags: Family, Angst, Reunions, Nothing exists after TLD, Retirementlock, Sussex, Fluff, Sexy Times, Post-Season/Series 04, Sherlock (TV) Season/Series 04 Fix-it, Loneliness, Happy Ending
Summary: 

Sherlock fled London a couple of years after John left him in hospital with nothing but an old walking stick and a half-hearted goodbye. 

Rosie grew up thinking that Sherlock died when he committed suicide in front of her father by jumping from Barts' roof. 

So it's somewhat awkward when they run into each other in a Sussex general store between the loaves of bread and the Mars bars...

January 18, 2018 12:01 pm  #2114

SusiGo wrote:

And here is something for the heart:

If Equal Affection Cannot Be[/url] (31158 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/blueink3]blueink3
Chapters: 3/3
Rating: Explicit
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Rosamund Mary "Rosie" Watson, Mrs. Hudson (Sherlock Holmes)
Additional Tags: Family, Angst, Reunions, Nothing exists after TLD, Retirementlock, Sussex, Fluff, Sexy Times, Post-Season/Series 04, Sherlock (TV) Season/Series 04 Fix-it, Loneliness, Happy Ending
Summary: 

Sherlock fled London a couple of years after John left him in hospital with nothing but an old walking stick and a half-hearted goodbye. 

Rosie grew up thinking that Sherlock died when he committed suicide in front of her father by jumping from Barts' roof. 

So it's somewhat awkward when they run into each other in a Sussex general store between the loaves of bread and the Mars bars...

Loving the premise already. It's next on my list. 

I just finished the sensation of falling as you hit sleep, which probably all of you have read but for some reason (poor summary, probably) I kept skipping. I looooved it despite the angsty angst. 

"It is what it is"

January 18, 2018 12:29 pm  #2115

Thanks for the rec. I seem to remember looking at this and not being sure because of the summary. I will surely give it a try. 

January 18, 2018 12:42 pm  #2116

Bookmarked all three latest recs here. :D

Team Hudders!

January 18, 2018 1:00 pm  #2117

Oh, neither of you have read mine! Yay!

I can a bit give more details if you want: It's a post-Reichenbach, but it delves a bit more into the time between the Fall and John finding out, following both John and Sherlock separately. Which would have been a turn off for me had I known beforehand, but works surprisingly well because the plot is intriguing and the fic is really well written, and luckily the time they spend separated is not very long.

It alternates between John's and Sherlock's POV, and it's definitely ANGSTY with few little "aww" moments. But, as I said, the writing is beautiful and it has a few interesting plot twists that keep you turning pages at a good pace. Also, the author went through the trouble of creating realistic images of some plot-advancing stuff (emails, John's blog) that look pretty cool.

Let me know what you guys think about it! 

Last edited by Elemental (January 18, 2018 1:06 pm)

"It is what it is"

January 18, 2018 1:05 pm  #2118

I tried the author's download link but it does not work for me. So I chose the one provided by AO3. Hope it works.

January 18, 2018 1:07 pm  #2119

The main one didn't work for me either, I had to use the one that says "Mirrored by Mediafire". Maybe try that one?

"It is what it is"

January 18, 2018 1:13 pm  #2120

Thank you. 

Board footera