BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 17, 2017 10:01 pm  #1

Britpicker needed for a Ten/Rose adventure story

Hi guys!

This is the only message board I frequent and it's got quite a few whovians too so I hope it's okay for me to post this slightly (ahem) off-topic request here.

There's that trilogy with whole new worlds and species and baddies, and Rose and the Doctor trying to save planets across time and space in a very RTD-like manner. It's a slow-burning romance too with an emotional ending.

Thing is, the trilogy is in Russian. I liked the atmosphere, the poignancy and the clever connections in these stories so much that I've translated the first of them into English (and plan on tackling the other two).

I have a beta who's polishing the rough edges right now but we both think the story would profit from a British person reading over it just to make sure, since DW's language is more colloquial than that of BBC Shelock, making it a bit more of a stilistical challenge.

The first part I'm talking about can stand alone. It's 144 pages long (about 65k words), rated Mature for some violence and adult situations (I'd say it's PG-15 or R but the author wants to be on the safe side), the genres are adventure, angst, sci-fi, hurt/comfort and romance.

Any takers?

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 18, 2017 7:23 am  #2

Re: Britpicker needed for a Ten/Rose adventure story

If you don't get any other takers, I will give it a go.
But how quickly do you want it?
I'm away on holiday on Friday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 18, 2017 11:53 am  #3

Hi!

Thank you so much! It's not urgent at all, in fact, my beta is sending me the story chapter by chapter so I don't have all of it back yet.

Would you rather wait for me to send you the whole story in one file or read it chapter by chapter as I'm getting them back? Your pick, really

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 19, 2017 7:38 am  #4

Well you've had no more takers so far, so one bit at a time please and I'll get to them as and when I can.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera