BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 25, 2017 9:59 pm  #1

Ylvis

Not sure how many of you have heard of "Ylvis". They are a Norwegian duo of comedian brothers. They are famous for "What does the fox say?" a couple of years back.

Ylvis has been well-known in Norway for quite a few years, but I'm embarresed to say that I didn' t really get into them myself until the Fox. What really intrigued my interest was some Norwegian commenting on that video, something like: "Well, that's cool. But it's the least interesting video of everything else they've done."

That sparked my interest. So I started getting into the duo, and I realised it was true: "the Fox" is cool and all that, but, yes, it's the least fun stuff of everything they've ever done.

So Ylvis is two brothers - Bård and Vegard Ylvisåker from Bergen, Norway. A bit up north from where I live. They had a tonight show going a few years, but what's made them popular on YouTube is their music vidoes.They do satire out of every known genre of music. And here I think lies the reason to their success:

1. They are incredibly talented, music-wise, and can do, and have done, a thon of genres.
2. They have incredible observations skills
3. They are amazingly handsome

Yes, I know that point 3 shouldn't really matter, but it does. And, yes, I find them both amazingly handsome.

I won't post the Fox, as you guys probably know it already. I won't post my favorite, as I did that in another thread. But here is a third one to show their humor and prowess - a mix of Disney balland and dubstep:

This one makes me laugh until I cry. (And, yes, there is a small Sherlock Holmes cameo in there).

Not sure what else to post, as there is SO much to choose from. Here is one, though: 

And a third one - staring as US country-rock and going into some dance moves:

There are tons of other videoes in other genres out there. And I love them for the reasons we have talked about earlier: They combine comedy with skill and intelligence. One of the funniest groups I know of.

Last edited by Vhanja (November 25, 2017 10:14 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 26, 2017 4:28 pm  #2

Re: Ylvis

I remember when "What does the Fox Say?" was really popular back when I was in high school. To be honest, I never liked it. I thought it was kind of stupid and overrated.

But these videos you just shared, they had me laughing a lot. They were all really creative, funny, and catchy. Definitely good song-writers. 

Clueing for looks.

Board footera