BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 19, 2017 11:37 pm  #42301

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Liberty wrote:

Thankfully the bugs in the UK aren't very sizeable!

I've been vegan(ish) in the past and didn't find it particularly difficult.  I do imagine it might be a bit more difficult to bulk up for film roles, but then there are vegan bodybuilders, so it's not impossible. 

Yuck!  Bugs?!  Who wants to eat bugs?!  [makes face]  No way, give me a hamburger or a piece of fried fish or chicken any day!

Last edited by kgreen20 (November 19, 2017 11:39 pm)

November 20, 2017 7:21 am  #42302

That's very speciesist!  Ha!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 20, 2017 7:51 am  #42303

My comment about bugs in the UK being small was only half-joking ... I think they're not a traditional food here because of the effort of catching them isn't worth it for the calories involved.  (We do keep bees, though!).  In countries with bigger and more plentiful bugs (locusts, etc.), it probably makes more sense for them to become part of their cuisine.  Of course in modern times there's the option of farming/mass production, I suppose. 

Of course I've eaten snails in France, and I agree that shrimps aren't that far off being bugs!  I'm probably getting too old to get used to eating bugs now, but I'm sure if I'd started younger I could get to like them. 

November 20, 2017 4:45 pm  #42304

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 20, 2017 5:15 pm  #42305

The colour saturation make his lips look so pink!

Clueing for looks.

November 20, 2017 8:04 pm  #42306

Yitzock wrote:

The colour saturation make his lips look so pink!

Yummmmmmmmmmm

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 21, 2017 12:07 am  #42307

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 21, 2017 6:43 pm  #42308

Blanket batch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 23, 2017 7:28 pm  #42309

This made my heart flutter.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 23, 2017 7:38 pm  #42310

An oldie but goodie.

November 23, 2017 7:39 pm  #42311

You know where it's from?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 23, 2017 7:41 pm  #42312

Wasn't it a fashion shoot?

November 23, 2017 9:24 pm  #42313

I think it was.

Clueing for looks.

November 24, 2017 9:09 am  #42314

November 24, 2017 9:12 am  #42315

November 26, 2017 9:51 pm  #42316

November 26, 2017 9:52 pm  #42317

Love that shirt!

November 26, 2017 10:04 pm  #42318

November 26, 2017 10:36 pm  #42319

November 27, 2017 7:24 am  #42320

Pilot batch.

Board footera