BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 8, 2017 2:49 pm  #42281

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

I do agree with the punk, YUM! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 8, 2017 3:02 pm  #42282

diva wrote:

Hmmmm.... absolutely fabulous!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 16, 2017 2:08 pm  #42283

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 16, 2017 2:16 pm  #42284

November 16, 2017 2:17 pm  #42285

November 16, 2017 2:32 pm  #42286

November 16, 2017 3:17 pm  #42287

November 17, 2017 4:47 pm  #42288

Classic Sherlock and the new skinny Vegan batch!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 18, 2017 2:28 pm  #42289

Vegan batch? Are you talking about a recent choice that Benedict has made in his life or about the character?

Clueing for looks.

November 18, 2017 3:21 pm  #42290

Recent lifestyle choice, which I hope is a permanent one and not just a fad!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 18, 2017 5:19 pm  #42291

I didn't know about that. If it works for him, then that's good for him. I don't think it really matters if he sticks with it or not, if it ends up not working for him, but then again I am not a person who is of the mind that everyone can or should be vegan.

Clueing for looks.

November 18, 2017 8:03 pm  #42292

Always fascinating how, even in just a suit, you can tell that he's in character and not just Ben.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 19, 2017 1:43 am  #42293

That's so true. He carries himself differently and makes different facial expressions. I remember my mum saying to me that the first time she saw him come onstage to be interviewed by Jimmy Fallon, she didn't recognize him right away because his face is more relaxed when he's not playing a character.

Clueing for looks.

November 19, 2017 3:37 am  #42294

Yitzock wrote:

I didn't know about that. If it works for him, then that's good for him. I don't think it really matters if he sticks with it or not, if it ends up not working for him, but then again I am not a person who is of the mind that everyone can or should be vegan.

Me, neither.  I will always eat both plants and meat.  A vegetarian diet really isn't practical for long-term use; too many difficulties in carrying it out, not the least of which is that the body needs protein, and beans are not a suitable long-term substitute.

Last edited by kgreen20 (November 19, 2017 3:38 am)

November 19, 2017 8:45 am  #42295

I've managed fine so far!

November 19, 2017 3:45 pm  #42296

Thankfully the bugs in the UK aren't very sizeable!

I've been vegan(ish) in the past and didn't find it particularly difficult.  I do imagine it might be a bit more difficult to bulk up for film roles, but then there are vegan bodybuilders, so it's not impossible. 

November 19, 2017 6:40 pm  #42297

Shoot, I didn't realize you had already responded when I deleted my post because I thought what I wrote wasn't worded very well.
For anyone who missed it: I was just saying that problems could be solved if more people ate bugs, but that's not going to catch on in the Western world anytime soon, probably.

Being vegan is easier for some people than others, depending on what you have access to in your area and income. What matters is if it works for you. 

Last edited by Yitzock (November 19, 2017 6:41 pm)

Clueing for looks.

November 19, 2017 6:45 pm  #42298

Yep, I know that insects are supposed to be the way forward.
But I think I would honestly rather die!

November 19, 2017 7:53 pm  #42299

We've gone a bit off-topic, but just to wrap up with the subject of the eating of bugs: I'm not sure I could stomach it either, but once I saw this product on Dragon's Den, or Shark Tank (I forget which) that was like peanut butter but made from bugs. So you couldn't tell you were eating bugs. That seemed tolerable to me. 
Sometimes I wonder, though. If I can get used to crunching shrimp tails, would I be able to eventually tolerate eating insects?

Clueing for looks.

November 19, 2017 7:55 pm  #42300

Ug!

Board footera