BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 14, 2017 10:13 pm  #1721

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

Sweet stories. I know we've read stories like that before, but that doesn't make me enjoy reading new ones any less.

Clueing for looks.

October 15, 2017 8:09 pm  #1722

besleybean wrote:

Just back from London and wanted to share this nice little story:
I met up with a set of Brian's pals, think I've mentioned them on here before: the lady is an actress.
Anyhow, they were telling me they'd been to see The Ferrymen.
The night they were there: Benedict was sitting right in front of them.
They said he waltzed in and sat next to this girl who just about died on the spot!
She was quite clearly a fan.
My pals said Benedict was absolutely wonderful, chatted away quite happily with said lady.
They were most impressed by his charm and by what a decent guy he was.

Aww... *faint*

Thank you a lot for that story. ;)

But who or what are "Brian's pals"?

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

October 16, 2017 6:28 am  #1723

Brian is my husband who died in the Summer.
These pals are: a guy Brian knew through work and his wife who is an actress and is always full of great stories for me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 16, 2017 8:02 pm  #1724

Oh, I'm sorry besley. Thanks for clearing this up.

And from what you said in the other thread, I can imagine what happened. Didn't know that. Sorry. Hope you are ok if we keep on with the discussion there.

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

October 16, 2017 8:08 pm  #1725

Don't worry, I can't expect everyone to know!
We are doing fine, thanks and yes, I welcome all discussion.
It's quite interesting in the context of Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 19, 2017 3:14 pm  #1726

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 19, 2017 6:12 pm  #1727

Good man.

December 19, 2017 7:01 pm  #1728

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 20, 2017 7:49 am  #1729

Good one, Benedict!

December 20, 2017 6:43 pm  #1730

Indeed, well said! Ben is really a decent human being. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 13, 2018 4:11 pm  #1731

February 13, 2018 5:43 pm  #1732

Fabulous.
I love The Tiger who Came  to tea.

February 16, 2018 3:44 pm  #1733

I think my heart just exploded. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 16, 2018 3:47 pm  #1734

Same with me. 

February 20, 2018 5:43 pm  #1735

Have you seen this funny video? Benedict can impersonate not just everyone but also everything, including a teapot. And what is more, you can donate for a good cause and win tea with Benedict and a stay in L.A. for the Infinity War premiere. Have fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kEoS9WwpmA&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by SusiGo (February 20, 2018 5:45 pm)

February 20, 2018 7:29 pm  #1736

SusiGo wrote:

Have you seen this funny video? Benedict can impersonate not just everyone but also everything, including a teapot. And what is more, you can donate for a good cause and win tea with Benedict and a stay in L.A. for the Infinity War premiere. Have fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kEoS9WwpmA&feature=youtu.be

Already donated.
A girl can dream.
god damn I love that man

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 20, 2018 7:41 pm  #1737

So did I. Keeping fingers crossed. 

February 28, 2018 8:18 pm  #1738

He is the most humble,sweet,and nicest guy I've ever seen! He's a very good actor and is brilliant at imressions! I would be so excited to meet him! I don't think there's nothing he can't do!!

Benedict imression of jarjar Binks-ooo it's a big sea monster!

The Game is on

February 28, 2018 10:49 pm  #1739

If the invitation to the afternoon tea in L.A. doesn't work out there is another possibility to meet him: Benedict has been announced as one of the star guests at the "Star Sactum" convention in London (May 5 - 7), though the ticket prices are probably too expensive for most of us...

http://star-sanctum.com/stars.php

http://star-sanctum.com/booking.php

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

May 14, 2018 1:45 pm  #1740

Benedict Cumberbatch will now reject roles if his female co-stars don't get equal pay, and we hope more men follow suit.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/benedict-cumberbatch-will-now-reject-roles-if-his-female-co-stars-dont-get-equal-pay-and-we-hope-more-men-follow-suit/ar-AAxcNmG?ocid=ientp

Bless our sweet Ben.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera