BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 21, 2017 1:13 pm  #2081

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

The Frost is All Over is a wonderful fic, it felt very much like a novel. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 25, 2017 8:04 pm  #2082

I am a fan of J_Baillier and this is another really good one: 

The Significant Other[/url] (27529 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/J_Baillier]J_Baillier
Chapters: 6/6
Fandom: Sherlock (TV), [url=http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Sherlock%20Holmes%20*a*%20Related%20Fandoms]Sherlock Holmes & Related Fandoms[/url]
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes & John Watson, Sherlock Holmes/John Watson, Mycroft Holmes & Sherlock Holmes, Mycroft Holmes & John Watson
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Mycroft Holmes, various non-clueless healthcare professionals
Additional Tags: Illnesses, Sickfic, Medical Procedures, Surgery, Pain, Panic, Medical Conditions, Medical H&C, Hurt/Comfort, Mycroft Being a Good Brother, Doctor!John, Social!warrior!John, Confessions, Anxiety, Drama, Angst, borderline fluff, Unhealthy Coping Mechanisms, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Sherlock Whump, Nostalgic season 1 tentative Johnlock, Clueless John, Marginally less clueless and possibly pining Sherlock, POV John Watson
Summary: 

Fate gives Sherlock appendicitis and John an identity crisis.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 25, 2017 8:32 pm  #2083

Oh I love her (?) works too. Thank you for the reccommendation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 26, 2017 7:52 pm  #2084

Same here, so thanks for the rec! *bookmarked*

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

August 30, 2017 5:01 pm  #2085

I'm in bed with a strep throat. Only fanfic can save the day. Do you guys have any rec that could transport me to a wonderful world were only Johnlock exists and Sherlock is clever and beautiful, and John is brave and loyal, and they end up walking off together into the sunset (or, better, into the London fog, with tons of crimes to resolve and liters of tea to consume)?

I'm game for pretty much everything, except for ABO dynamics and genderswap. It would be nice to have a good, page-turner plot with happy ending. And I've already gone through most of the "Classics", so maybe something a bit more obscure?

Thank you guys! Oh, I read another of Chryse's works last week, and enjoyed it very much:

A Waste of Breath[/url] (95452 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/Chryse]Chryse
Chapters: 25/25
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Explicit
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson
Additional Tags: References to Drugs, Dubious Consent, First Time, Friendship/Love, Hurt/Comfort, Angst
Summary:

John had always assumed Sherlock was uninterested, untouchable, married to his work. He was wrong on all counts. But when Sherlock embarks on a relationship, John worries that he is in over his head...and this time he might be right.

Last edited by Elemental (August 30, 2017 5:30 pm)

"It is what it is"
"You see, but you do not observe"

"I shall die upon a cloud of Johnlock fluff and have my body launched into the sun". - LadyTuesday

August 30, 2017 5:11 pm  #2086

You will have to copy the code into a BBCode converter and then post it here. You can use this one: 

http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/html2bbcode/

Have you read everything by prettyvk yet? Tbh, I love my angst and drama as long as there a happy ending. I remember enjoying "Graveyard Poppy", an amazing Post-Reichenbach by AlphaTango in which ultimately everything is well. Here is some from my favourite list:

Electric Pink Hand Grenade (BeautifulFiction), Damage (lifeonmars), All We Ought To Ask (Victorian AU), The Heart in the Whole/Given in Evidence (verity burns) and - but I am sure you have read it - the incomparable All the Best and Brightest Creatures by wordstrings. 

Get well soon. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 30, 2017 5:28 pm  #2087

SusiGo wrote:

You will have to copy the code into a BBCode converter and then post it here. You can use this one: 

http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/html2bbcode/

Have you read everything by prettyvk yet? Tbh, I love my angst and drama as long as there a happy ending. I remember enjoying "Graveyard Poppy", an amazing Post-Reichenbach by AlphaTango in which ultimately everything is well. Here is some from my favourite list:

Electric Pink Hand Grenade (BeautifulFiction), Damage (lifeonmars), All We Ought To Ask (Victorian AU), The Heart in the Whole/Given in Evidence (verity burns) and - but I am sure you have read it - the incomparable All the Best and Brightest Creatures by wordstrings. 

Get well soon. 

Thank you so mucho for your generosity and for taking the time to answer me, SusiGo! I'm going to do the BBCode converter thing and edit the post, and I'll have a look at your list and surely find something amazing. I totally share your inclination towards angst-with-happy-ending.

Yeah, I did read All the Best a while ago and yeah, it's fantastic! I'll probably re-read it again at some point, specially since I probably missed a good 10% of it because of the language complexity (I'm not a native). I didn't read any of the others, though, so I'm rubbing my hands in anticipation right now. 

Thanks again!!! 

"It is what it is"

"I shall die upon a cloud of Johnlock fluff and have my body launched into the sun". - LadyTuesday

October 3, 2017 9:18 pm  #2088

For those who enjoy ACD Canon Johnlock - lovely and erotic:

Lending a Hand[/url] (22438 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/mistyzeo]mistyzeo
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Sherlock Holmes - Arthur Conan Doyle
Characters: Lestrade (Sherlock Holmes), Mrs. Hudson, Original Characters
Additional Tags: Case Fic, First Time, Romance, Shaving, Domestic, Minor Injuries, Burns
Summary: 

Chemical experiments go awry at Baker Street, leaving Holmes incapacitated and Watson charged with being his hands.  Against Watson's advice Holmes takes on a case of burglary and murder, all the while totally dependent on his companion.  This new level of intimacy brings with it a slew of suppressed feelings which become increasingly hard to ignore.

October 4, 2017 5:55 pm  #2089

SusiGo wrote:

Lending a Hand[/url] (22438 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/mistyzeo]mistyzeo
Additional Tags: Case Fic, First Time, Romance, Shaving, Domestic, Minor Injuries, Burns
Summary: 

Chemical experiments go awry at Baker Street, leaving Holmes incapacitated and Watson charged with being his hands.  Against Watson's advice Holmes takes on a case of burglary and murder, all the while totally dependent on his companion.  This new level of intimacy brings with it a slew of suppressed feelings which become increasingly hard to ignore.

*bookmark*
I have to admit, never read any Victorian fic until after TAB but now I have developed a fondness for it.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 4, 2017 9:27 pm  #2090

I love the often subtle eroticism. 

October 13, 2017 1:57 pm  #2091

SusiGo wrote:

Summary: 

Looks quite nice - thanks for sharing!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 13, 2017 2:01 pm  #2092

My pleasure. Hope you'll like it. 

October 13, 2017 11:14 pm  #2093

Just read it! Loved it! Thank you for the reference!

October 14, 2017 8:58 am  #2094

Very happy you liked it. 😊

December 20, 2017 6:24 pm  #2095

So I started reading some heartwarming Christmas fics and here is lovely little one (good times, guaranteed Mary-free):

Last Christmas[/url] (3911 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/Mazarin221b]Mazarin221b
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Additional Tags: Christmas, Fluff, Prompt Fic, sherlock is a genius, Sherlock is also an idiot, First Kiss
Summary: 

Written for Merlinlefay, who won me in the FuckYeahJohnLockFanfic 10,000 Followers Giveaway. Her prompt was: "I’ve been listening to Christmas songs a lot lately and Wham’s “Last Christmas” comes to mind. I’m a sucker for angst, but I’d appreciate a happy ending, if possible!”  Well, it may not be as angsty as you like, but trust me, I nailed the happy ending. Merry Christmas!

That Earth-shaking revelation, then, leads to a problem, and one that Sherlock realizes should be solved quickly, before John’s dates turn into girlfriends or boyfriends, because sometimes girlfriends or boyfriends can turn into wives or husbands while your back is turned. Every time John hums happily at the mirror as he shaves, splashes on a little gift cologne Mrs. Hudson bought him for Christmas, Sherlock is drawn back to that night by the fire, and the way John’s touch had made the world stand still.

December 20, 2017 6:39 pm  #2096

Thanks, bookmarked!

Team Hudders!

December 20, 2017 7:27 pm  #2097

I've been wanting to rec this one for a while already -> Ink your name across my heart, by my adored prettyvk (58019 words).

It's kind of a Memento AU, with Sherlock having anterograde amnesia and forgetting everything after the damage every time he goes to sleep.

(I wanted to link it properly, but for some reason, there's no "share" button, I'm sorry).

At first, I was put off by the amnesia thing, because I'm not a huge fan of hurt-comfort. But the story is so well told and structured, with real narrative tension, some angst, and some adorable amnesia-fluff. And it has really cute, fluffy epilogues, one of them with beekeeper!Sherlock.

I read it in a couple of days and it's already one of my favorites. 

On a totally unrelated note, I'm pregnant! Almost nobody in my real life knows yet, but I'm excited and I wanted to share it here. I welcome fic recs as pregnancy gifts (especially because I need to take my mind out of the worries about everything that could go wrong!). 

"It is what it is"

December 20, 2017 7:30 pm  #2098

1. Thank you for the rec. I know the fic, it is perfect, one of my all-time favourites. And I can also recommend everything else by the author. The James Holmes series is brilliant even if at first I thought the idea was completely bonkers. But it is a great fic. 

2. Wow, so honoured! I wish you all the best for the pregnancy, what an exciting time in your life. 

December 20, 2017 10:38 pm  #2099

I read this fic in my early days into Johnlock and I loved it. I don't remember much of it, though, so thanks for the reminder - will bookmark it and read it again!

And congrats! Great news! Any type of fics you are particularly interested in?

Team Hudders!

December 21, 2017 11:33 am  #2100

Thank you! Yeah, I'm excited about it although I'm still cautious about the outcome because it's so soon.

I know I'm always re-recommending fics everybody has read already, but they're so good I can't help it! SusiGo, you're right, it's just perfect. BTW I bookmarked the Christmas fic you recommended, thanks.

Vhanja: I usually prefer long-form fics, because I read them too fast  Apart from that, I read very different stuff, AUs, angst, fluff... Except for omegaverse, that has never interested me, I'm willing to try pretty much everything.  

"It is what it is"

Board footera