BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 17, 2017 3:18 pm  #1701

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

Fingers crossed for you to bump into him, tonne!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 17, 2017 10:06 pm  #1702

I take it that's where you live? It would be cool if you got to meet him, exchange a couple of words or even see him from afar. 

Clueing for looks.

July 1, 2017 11:16 am  #1703

Here is a lovely little story from Atlanta:

http://yasammez.tumblr.com/post/162468976845/aaaaahhhhhh

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 1, 2017 12:30 pm  #1704

" a curly haired little boy"...oh the cuteness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 1, 2017 5:18 pm  #1705

Aw, Christopher got his father's curls. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 1, 2017 6:49 pm  #1706

He'll break some hearts when he's older...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 2, 2017 2:25 pm  #1707

Could very well! That's a sweet story.

Clueing for looks.

July 20, 2017 6:21 am  #1708

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 20, 2017 8:03 am  #1709

Such a lovely man. And Naomi from Cumberbatchweb collected nearly 18,000 pounds for UNICEF. Hats off to all the generous fans. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 20, 2017 9:15 am  #1710

He's wonderful.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 20, 2017 3:06 pm  #1711

Nice of him to acknowledge the fans.

Clueing for looks.

July 21, 2017 5:52 pm  #1712

Lovely! And it was such a good idea to raise money in his name! I wish I could have contributed 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 27, 2017 6:10 pm  #1713

I second that!

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 27, 2017 7:30 pm  #1714

Good stuff.

October 10, 2017 8:45 pm  #1715

October 12, 2017 6:54 pm  #1716

SusiGo wrote:

Benedict speaks out about Harvey Weinstein. Well done:

http://thelostsmiles.tumblr.com/post/166261634703/benedict-cumberbatch-speaks-out-in-regards-to

Very thankful that he spoke up.  It's so important for other men to condemn Weinstein publicly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 14, 2017 8:36 pm  #1717

Just back from London and wanted to share this nice little story:
I met up with a set of Brian's pals, think I've mentioned them on here before: the lady is an actress.
Anyhow, they were telling me they'd been to see The Ferrymen.
The night they were there: Benedict was sitting right in front of them.
They said he waltzed in and sat next to this girl who just about died on the spot!
She was quite clearly a fan.
My pals said Benedict was absolutely wonderful, chatted away quite happily with said lady.
They were most impressed by his charm and by what a decent guy he was.

October 14, 2017 9:13 pm  #1718

Can this man be really true? 

October 14, 2017 9:17 pm  #1719

It always makes me chuckle that people tell me these stories and almost expect me to be surprised.
I just shrug and say: yes, he has the reputation of being so nice.

October 14, 2017 9:29 pm  #1720

Indeed. I love how these stories keep popping up. I remember the one where a mother was in a bookshop and suddenly realised Benedict was in the shop, too, reading a storybook to her toddler. 

Board footera