BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 10, 2017 11:43 am  #41

Re: The Child in Time

Can't wait, but yes, looks like a sob fest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 10, 2017 4:47 pm  #42

Unfortunately the link isn't working for me!   Thanks for the air dates, though: I'll look out for it.  Really looking forward to this one.

September 10, 2017 6:06 pm  #43

I found it on YouTube:

Looks quite interesting indeed.

Last edited by Vhanja (September 10, 2017 6:07 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

September 10, 2017 7:03 pm  #44

I agree. I looks like it will have Benedict going through a lot of different emotions.

Clueing for looks.

September 11, 2017 7:19 am  #45

Damn. I'm going to be on holiday then. Hopefully the air date will be announced until next weekend that I can program the recording.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

September 11, 2017 11:55 am  #46

It looks like it's going to be a painfully emotional one. Ouch! And knowing how well Ben can act... ow. 

I'm looking forward to it! 

oh and Gently, I assume it's going to be on BBC IPlayer for a bit, no?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 11, 2017 12:42 pm  #47

Think so. But outside the UK it isn't easy (possible?) to use the IPlayer, is it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

September 11, 2017 3:01 pm  #48

For me it does not work anymore, not even with a British IP address. You need to sign in or register which you can only do as a British citizen. It seems they effectively closed this loophole, too. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 11, 2017 3:53 pm  #49

I haven't attempted using a VPN in a while, but it has worked for me in the past.

Clueing for looks.

September 11, 2017 5:01 pm  #50

I think they have changed this. Please give us a heads up if it still works for you. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 11, 2017 5:43 pm  #51

I made it work after they changed the thing... I have to admit I registered a fake address but it worked... I haven't used the Iplayer since Doctor Who ended though

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 13, 2017 3:36 pm  #52

The film will air on 24 September at 9 pm. 

September 13, 2017 4:07 pm  #53

Cool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 13, 2017 4:14 pm  #54

That's soon! Thanks! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 13, 2017 6:35 pm  #55

Thanks, Susi!

September 14, 2017 7:24 am  #56

I'm relieved. Now I can program it before I go on Holiday

(Tony Hadley)

September 15, 2017 7:10 am  #57

Here is an interview with Benedict and more information about the film:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/childintime/benedict

September 15, 2017 8:03 am  #58

Good interview.  I still haven't read the book: I decided that as I'd read Atonement (and Enduring Love, The Cement Garden, etc.) before seeing it on the screen and it affected how I viewed the film, I'd try this the other way round! 

Benedict says it's the first Ian McEwan TV adaptation, but wasn't Solid Geometry made for TV?  A dark little story.

I did lose a toddler child in a supermarket once, so I think this will give me chills.  I was looking at something on the shelf and he seemed to be there next to me one second and gone the next.  Thankfully, the supermarket put an announcement out and he was found!  But you do keep thinking about what could have happened.

September 15, 2017 2:38 pm  #59

I bet. I only know what it's like to be the little kid who has lost sight of their mum because I was looking at something and she kept walking. It happened in a small store before, but as a very little kid it was still scary. We found each other pretty quickly, though.

Clueing for looks.

September 18, 2017 5:49 pm  #60

I just realised some days ago that it is a TV film not one for the cinema. Which makes me quite happy, also that's on so soon, I mean we just started to talk about it 7 month ago. 

And Sunday evening is a good time, here in Germany every channel will talk about the election and I don't need that.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera