BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 28, 2015 9:56 am  #41

Re: Andrew to be the next Bond villain!

It seems you are not the only one not watching Bond for Bond. I will watch it mainly for Ben. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 28, 2015 10:13 am  #42

oh yes the Wishaw Ben, totally forgot him Nobody I know is watching Bond for Bond. I also like that Sam Mendes is directing. Oh and Christoph is good, too. Although that "bad German type cast" is a bit boring

I hope one day there will be a James Bond that I like

EDIT: and of course Ralph Fiennes is in it, too! So everyone apart from Daniel Craig. (unfortunately I don't find him attractive either, I like his wife though, wonderful actress)

Last edited by Ivy (October 28, 2015 10:22 am)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 28, 2015 10:14 am  #43

I liked Daniel Craig long before Bond, and I think he's a good one.   But there are so many watcheable actors in the films!   Judi Dench was fantastic in Skyfall - definitely worth watching just for her, even if you're not normally a Bond fan, I think.  Ben, Rory, etc., don't get a huge amount of screentime, but Judi played a major part in the storyline. 

November 7, 2015 1:08 pm  #44

Please under no circumstances read this spoiler if you haven't seen Spectre yet and want to see it.

Andrews character dies in Spectre by falling from a building and honestly my first thought was "I owe you a fall!" I hate it when people relate everything he does to Moriarty and they do it with Spectre too, because Max Denbigh is a "cocky bastard" and plays him so well, but I couldn't help myself either  after that scene.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 7, 2015 3:28 pm  #45

I read the spoiler...I kind of knew.
Wouldn't stop me seeing it and I love Ben Wishaw, too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 23, 2015 11:10 am  #46

I went to see it yesterday and I was very pleased to see Andrew in such a huge movie along with other brilliant actors such as Ben Whishaw and Ralph Fiennes.
Nevertheless, I found that his character wasn't very well written (as wasn't the entire movie!) and therefore he didn't have much to do but I always was very pleased when he came up.
Regarding the spoiler (again, do under no circumstances read that, if you haven't seen the movie yet!):

"Falling is just like flying, except there's a more permanent destination, Max Denbigh." I usually do not mix up films or series just because one actor's the same but I just had to think about that for a moment.

Last edited by James Norrington (November 23, 2015 12:32 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

September 16, 2017 9:11 pm  #47

So I eventually watched Spectre tonight.
I don't really do James Bond.
But it was worth it for Andrew and Ben and wow, what a cast!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 17, 2017 1:45 pm  #48

Yeah, it was quite a cast for that one. Ben Whishaw as Q is one of my favourite things about Skyfall and Spectre.

Clueing for looks.

September 17, 2017 2:08 pm  #49

He's great in that role, isn't he?
Incidentally just got back from Sainsbury's, where I picked up 'Victor Frankenstein' and 'Whiskey, tango, foxtrot' for £8 the pair...don't mind if I do!

September 17, 2017 6:37 pm  #50

Absolutely. 
That sounds like a fairly good deal.

Clueing for looks.

September 17, 2017 6:39 pm  #51

Andrew and Martin, I believe.

September 17, 2017 10:16 pm  #52

Yes, that's right.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera