BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 15, 2017 11:03 am  #42201

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 15, 2017 11:04 am  #42202

Poor Ben, he looks tired...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 15, 2017 10:05 pm  #42203

Look at those curls!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

August 16, 2017 5:44 am  #42204

I loved his natural hair in Hamlet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 16, 2017 7:16 am  #42205

His Hamlet look was absolutely amazing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 16, 2017 11:20 am  #42206

I think he had to have his hair like that for Hamlet, I think that was the period when he was growing out his hair for shooting Sherlock S3, wasn't it? But I agree, I love it.

Team Hudders!

August 16, 2017 7:08 pm  #42207

I'm sure Hamlet was after S3.  I wonder if he had it longish in preparation for Dr Strange?

August 16, 2017 7:09 pm  #42208

Maybe so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 16, 2017 7:38 pm  #42209

No, I meant S4, of course! He did Hamlet right before he started shooting S4. Typo.

Team Hudders!

August 16, 2017 10:51 pm  #42210

Yes, that's the timing. Whatever the reason, he looked really good.

Clueing for looks.

August 17, 2017 6:28 am  #42211

It's stuck with me only because I saw him in Hamlet at the end of the run, and I'm sure we didn't go straight to setlock straight after!  I think it was Dr Strange straight after Hamlet, then S4 the next year, after TAB was broadcast?  Because otherwise, setlock would have had spoilers for TAB as well as S4, now that I think of it.   And yes, whatever the reason, bring on the curls!

Last edited by Liberty (August 17, 2017 6:34 am)

August 17, 2017 6:40 am  #42212

You just can't stop Sherlockians deducing!

August 20, 2017 1:26 pm  #42213

Regardless of why, his Hamlet hair was gorgeous! Everything about his Hamlet was an amazing experience (including getting his sweat in my eye... but that's another story) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 20, 2017 7:53 pm  #42214

I love his Hamlet hair, just as I love the ginger Frankenstein curls. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 21, 2017 6:42 am  #42215

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 21, 2017 6:45 am  #42216

August 21, 2017 12:13 pm  #42217

Beautiful up-close picture of him, and I love the Sherlock one! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 21, 2017 6:42 pm  #42218

Lovely man.

August 21, 2017 8:20 pm  #42219

I just noticed something interesting here:

Usually Sherlock's shirts are very tight, with the buttons hanging on for dear life. Here, the shirt seems to be much more loose and not-as-well-fitted. Could that be a way to try and show that Sherlock has lost weight due to him going overboard with the drugs?

Ironically, they would probably have to do that by using a shirt that is a size bigger seeing as this was straight after shooting Dr. Strange, so Ben has probably never been more fit than he is here.

Team Hudders!

August 21, 2017 10:47 pm  #42220

That's a thought! It could be implied that that's what happened, but it also could just be a way to indicate overall that he's not in a great position by showing him just generally not as proper-looking as usual.

Last edited by Yitzock (August 21, 2017 10:48 pm)

Clueing for looks.

Board footera