BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 17, 2016 7:44 pm  #81

Re: What films in the pipeline are you keen to see?

Well, tomorrow my best friend, and another friend is taking me to see The Conjuring 2...

luckily in the day time. I used to be very hardcore with horror films since I was a little girl... but I've actually not watched that many lately... the first one freaked me out pretty bad... and when I was younger I actually studied the case they are using in the second film a bit... I heard the 'real' tapes of that girl speaking with that weird voice and stuff. 

Brrr. 

I'm almost hoping it's a bad film. But I've got my friends and we'll hang out for a bit after, and I'm bringing my Sonic Screwdriver... 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (June 17, 2016 7:46 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 17, 2016 8:11 pm  #82

Still got to see Civil War. Assassin's Creed (Michael Fassbender), X-Men Apocalypse (fantastic reviews and...Michael Fassbender).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 13, 2016 4:54 am  #83

Being an old Trekkie, I can't wait to see the new Star Trek movie on Thursday next week. Though watching Chekov will surely leave a bitter taste. :-(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 13, 2016 7:48 am  #84

Yes, it will be so sad.
But as a huge Simon Pegg fan, I can't wait.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 18, 2016 3:17 am  #85

The trailer for the WWII espionage thriller romance Allied looks rather good. Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard seem to have great chemistry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 19, 2016 11:10 am  #86

ukaunz, thank you for mentioning this film. I just watched the first trailer and I agree, this could be really good.
I'm just hoping that the fact that I suspected after about 30 seconds (and before it was mentioned in the trailer anyway) that she might not be who she says she is, doesn't mean that the film will be a bit too easy to look through. But it's directed by Robert Zemeckis and he's a pretty decent director so... I'm looking forward to this one.

Last edited by SolarSystem (November 19, 2016 11:11 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 8, 2017 5:58 pm  #87

There will be a new version of "Murder on the Orient Express" in cinemas in November.
Ken Branagh is the director and he plays Hercule Poirot 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_on_the_Orient_Express_(2017_film)

I love the one from the 1970s with Albert Finney, Sean Connery, Ingrid Bergmann etc.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 8, 2017 6:52 pm  #88

I've been keeping an eye on this one too!  Fabulous cast!  Unfortunately, despite my terrible memory, I do actually remember "whodunnit", so the surprise will be spoilt a bit, but it looks like a huge amount of fun!

August 8, 2017 7:13 pm  #89

Well the book came out in 1934, so "whodunnit" is a 83 year old spoiler 

----------

August 8, 2017 7:56 pm  #90

I know!   But often I forget, and can normally quite happily watch/read whodunnits more than once and be surprised each time!  Sadly, this case is an exception.  I'm hoping to go with somebody who doesn't know (such people do exist, thankfully), to have a kind of surprise by proxy!

August 8, 2017 8:33 pm  #91

I've always liked the ending or rather the decisions that were made.

----------

December 12, 2019 7:31 pm  #92

I just watched the trailer for The Personal History of David Copperfield with Dev Patel and I'm hoping it gets good reviews when it comes out. It looks fun, and I like that they included multiple actors of colour in the film. There's lots of good actors in the film (Tilda Swinton, Hugh Laurie, Ben Whishaw, Peter Capaldi)

Clueing for looks.

December 12, 2019 7:33 pm  #93

Ooh, I do like Ben Whishaw!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 12, 2019 9:06 pm  #94

Fantastic cast!

December 12, 2019 11:08 pm  #95

Yes, many recognizable names! Ben Whishaw has a weird haircut in this one, which I guess is of the period but it's still funny to me.
Speaking of Ben Whishaw, I watched A Very English Scandal last weekend and thought both he and Hugh Grant were great in it.

Clueing for looks.

December 13, 2019 6:16 am  #96

Yep it's brilliant and I was SO glad Ben won an award for it.
Give your selves a treat and watch his acceptance speech, what a total darling he is.

December 13, 2019 9:23 pm  #97

A very well deserved award.  He was great in it. 

December 14, 2019 2:30 pm  #98

Yes, I remember seeing him win the award before actually being able to watch the show (it was actually part of what made me write that post about the pronunciation of "Davies" a little while back). I might watch his speech again, now that I've actually seen the show.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera