BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 4, 2017 3:03 pm  #2061

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

So am I, KP. Welcome back. 😊

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 16, 2017 9:55 am  #2062

I've just seen this amaizng poster:

I remember there was a wonderful, wonderful story about Sherlock having the motor neuron disease and being able to communicate only with his eyes. What a coincidence! (If it is, in fact, a coincidence.)

However, I can't seem to find the story anymore. Do you guys recognize it? I'd be very grateful for the link

Last edited by ewige (June 16, 2017 9:55 am)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

June 16, 2017 10:47 am  #2063

You might be thinking of the one where he is suffering from Guillain-Barré-Syndrome. This would be the amazing "The Breaking Wheel" which has been recommended somewhere in here and the equally amazing sequel "On The Rack". Both written by j_baillier, the second together with the-7-percent-solution. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 16, 2017 11:59 am  #2064

YES! Thank you! I have bookmarked On the Rack but didn't remember it was the sequel!

-----

June 16, 2017 2:47 pm  #2065

SusiGo wrote:

You might be thinking of the one where he is suffering from Guillain-Barré-Syndrome. This would be the amazing "The Breaking Wheel" which has been recommended somewhere in here and the equally amazing sequel "On The Rack". Both written by j_baillier, the second together with the-7-percent-solution. 

Those are both amazing stories!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 16, 2017 10:10 pm  #2066

Indeed. The best new fics I have read in a very long time. 

June 17, 2017 9:38 am  #2067

Yes, extremely good! <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 1, 2017 6:34 am  #2068

I'm probably late to the party as always, but seeing as I have just watched "Whisky, Tango, Foxtrot", I came across two wonderful stories.

One Night in Karachi - When Sherlock is in Afghanistan to help Irene, he comes across this sassy Scott that looks just like John... Short and hot.I normally can't stand crossovers, but I really liked this one.

Inspired by this fic, another author wrote a follow-up (with the first author's blessing) - what if Iain visited Sherlock in Baker Street? Jealous John fic - a must read for those who want this story to have the happy Johnlock ending.

The Stand-in

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 1, 2017 7:33 am  #2069

Marked for later! Thanks!

-----

July 4, 2017 10:54 pm  #2070

Vhanja wrote:

I'm probably late to the party as always, but seeing as I have just watched "Whisky, Tango, Foxtrot", I came across two wonderful stories.

One Night in Karachi - When Sherlock is in Afghanistan to help Irene, he comes across this sassy Scott that looks just like John... Short and hot.I normally can't stand crossovers, but I really liked this one.

Inspired by this fic, another author wrote a follow-up (with the first author's blessing) - what if Iain visited Sherlock in Baker Street? Jealous John fic - a must read for those who want this story to have the happy Johnlock ending.

The Stand-in

I read the second one and it was HOT. 

Speaking of crossovers, I recently had the most delicious weekend reading Keep The Car Running from earlgreytea68. I had been VERY reluctant to read it since I have no interest whatsoever in the Arthur/Eames ship from Inception, but as I've loved all things earlgreytea68 so far, I decided to dive in, and it was so worth it. If you liked Inception, give it a try: the plot is compelling and I was able to connect with the Inception characters pretty fast.

"It is what it is"
"You see, but you do not observe"

"I shall die upon a cloud of Johnlock fluff and have my body launched into the sun". - LadyTuesday

August 1, 2017 4:37 pm  #2071

Glad you liked it, Elemental!

Another oldie, but goodie for me to recommend. 

Corpus Hominis by mycapeisplaid

Summary from author: 
John knows the human body intimately. He's had plenty of opportunity for study as a doctor, soldier, and lover. There's one particular body, however, he knows very little about. When Sherlock launches himself head-first into a new obsession and they get sent on a case in an unlikely location, the pair discovers each other's bodies with confusing yet delightful (and sometimes hilarious) results.

My comments:
This is a lovely friends-to-lovers. Warm, hilarious and hot. One of those fics where you can just sit back, relax and enjoy the story with very little drama and angst, just pure enjoyment. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

August 1, 2017 4:44 pm  #2072

Thank you, this sounds like a very nice read for the holidays. 

August 2, 2017 2:41 pm  #2073

oooh, that sounds good.  Don't know how I've missed that one.  *download*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 3, 2017 4:44 pm  #2074

Awesome, guys, let me know what you think. 

Team Hudders!

August 4, 2017 11:00 am  #2075

Yes, that was a nice one. I actually had it mixed up in my head with another one, which I would like to re-read as well, but I can't find it. Can somebody help me?

As far as I remember, Sherlock and John are investigating in a nudist place, (if they are even investigating) and the relationship develops more or less as in Corpus Hominis. Not a lot to go on, I'm afraid...

August 5, 2017 4:59 pm  #2076

Ooo, let me know if you find it, sounds interesting.

Team Hudders!

August 20, 2017 8:30 pm  #2077

I spent the last three days thoroughly engrossed in this: The Frost is All Over. It's a teenlock AU set in the Dickensian era: Sherlock is the son of an Earl, and John works as a horse groom for his family. I am usually not a huge fan of non-contemporary fiction, but I decided to give this a try and I fell in love with the story within a few pages. The friendship-to-love arch between the boys is heartwarming, and the plot makes the fic a real page turner. Very recommended!

PS: Does anyone have any other teenlock good rec around? Other than Saving Sherlock Holmes, which I already read and adored. Thanks!

Last edited by Elemental (August 20, 2017 8:40 pm)

"It is what it is"

"I shall die upon a cloud of Johnlock fluff and have my body launched into the sun". - LadyTuesday

August 21, 2017 5:12 am  #2078

Elemental wrote:

I spent the last three days thoroughly engrossed in this: The Frost is All Over. It's a teenlock AU set in the Dickensian era: Sherlock is the son of an Earl, and John works as a horse groom for his family. I am usually not a huge fan of non-contemporary fiction, but I decided to give this a try and I fell in love with the story within a few pages. The friendship-to-love arch between the boys is heartwarming, and the plot makes the fic a real page turner. Very recommended!

PS: Does anyone have any other teenlock good rec around? Other than Saving Sherlock Holmes, which I already read and adored. Thanks!

I have read this one some time ago and loved it. I would recommended "Two years as your interpreter" by prettyvk. One of the very few fics where I've read the end early because I could not stand the tension. It is not what I usually read but it's brilliant.

archiveofourown.org/works/972991

"John isn’t scared of Sherlock or of the adults around them. But he is scared of this Message. He is scared he’ll be there, in two years, right next to Sherlock, watching and unable to do a damn thing when he dies.

Because the true Message was, “Don’t expect to make a career out of this interpreter thing. I’ll die in two years.”

For the first time in his life, John wishes he’d never taken the Cassandra Tests."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 21, 2017 7:35 am  #2079

I second both your posts. The Frost Is All Over is a wonderful story. And tue tension in Two Years is truly unbearable. Very much worth reading.

August 21, 2017 9:51 am  #2080

Schmiezi wrote:

Elemental wrote:

I have read this one some time ago and loved it. I would recommended "Two years as your interpreter" by prettyvk. One of the very few fics where I've read the end early because I could not stand the tension. It is not what I usually read but it's brilliant.

archiveofourown.org/works/972991

"John isn’t scared of Sherlock or of the adults around them. But he is scared of this Message. He is scared he’ll be there, in two years, right next to Sherlock, watching and unable to do a damn thing when he dies.

Because the true Message was, “Don’t expect to make a career out of this interpreter thing. I’ll die in two years.”

For the first time in his life, John wishes he’d never taken the Cassandra Tests."

Oh, I loooved "The James Holmes Chronicles" from prettyvk! BUT there's a major character death and I'm not super fond of those... I don't know what I'll do. Thanks anyway, Schmiezi <3 <3

"It is what it is"

Board footera