BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2017 9:34 pm  #1

London Film and Comic Con

Benedict Cumberbatch has been announced as a guest at London Film and Comic Con in July!!

http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/10-news/933-doctor-strange-comes-to-lfcc

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

July 1, 2017 7:42 am  #2

Re: London Film and Comic Con

Uh... oh... I kept telling myself I couldn't do it because I am already going to London for other events in July, but around midnight I gave in and bought a day ticket for Saturday and a BC Diamond Pass. 

Last edited by diva (July 1, 2017 7:43 am)

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

July 1, 2017 7:53 am  #3

Good news.
I won't get as my next London trip is October, but enjoy those who do go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 3, 2017 7:36 pm  #4

I booked tickets too, might be my only chance to see him as I always seem to miss him at other events haha!

Thanks besleybean

Last edited by Lis (July 3, 2017 7:37 pm)

July 28, 2017 9:42 am  #5

*bump*

It's tomorrow!

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

July 29, 2017 6:30 pm  #6

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 29, 2017 7:23 pm  #7

He sounds absolutely lovely!

July 29, 2017 10:40 pm  #8

Lovely photos, video, and anecdotes!

Last edited by Yitzock (July 29, 2017 10:41 pm)

Clueing for looks.

August 2, 2017 5:58 pm  #9

I finally got to meet Benedict and he is as lovely in person as everyone says he is, super friendly! He had so many people to get through in terms of photoshoots and autographs and he must have been exhausted by the end of it but he still took the time to make each meeting personal. I ended up getting a few photos including joint ones with BC and Mads Mikkelsen and BC and Benedict Wong who are also both super nice!

I got two of my drawings signed and he said they were beautiful and asked how long they took to do and I also got the Third Star script book signed and as I'm going camping in Pembrokeshire in two weeks we talked a little bit about it and he said he would like to go back (maybe I should have invited him camping ).

It was such a good weekend, I don't think I've stopped smiling yet.

I took some photos at the talk and they're posted on Cumberbatch web, someone's talk report is on there too.

http://www.benedictcumberbatch.co.uk/

August 2, 2017 6:13 pm  #10

Great anecdote! Thanks for sharing. I wonder how he would have responded if you had invited him camping, lol. Also, your outfits match!

Clueing for looks.

August 2, 2017 6:29 pm  #11

Haha I know, I kind of wished I had said it just to see what his reaction would have been.

Yeah, we Cumber-matched as my friend said (groan). The funny thing is the day before I was wearing a dark denim shirt and he was wearing a light blue top, we looked liked we had switched shirts! 

August 2, 2017 7:03 pm  #12

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Lis. They're lovely!  So funny about the Cumbermatching!

August 2, 2017 7:29 pm  #13

Lovely pictures, thank you for sharing Lis. I was only there on Saturday and felt exhausted after a few hours. Kudos to Benedict who must have seen thousands of people during these two days. I have seen him a few times now and he was always very kind and welcoming towards his fans. He is a true gentleman.

I also got my Third Star skript signed, and would love to visit Pembrookshire someday too.

The highlight for me was the talk on Saturday, very insightful and highly entertaining. I was surprised that he took the time to answer so many questions from the audience. 

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

August 2, 2017 8:06 pm  #14

Thanks guys!

Hope you had a great time on Saturday Diva, his talk was brilliant wasn't it! I'm glad that a lot of people got to ask their questions, it felt a bit like an informal chat. Benedict really does come across as a very genuinely sweet and funny person, I loved all his answers.

He was very sweet with the little girl who asked him what his favourite colour was 

I was knackered by the end of Sunday but it was definitely worth it!

That's cool you got the book signed too! I've never been to Pembrokeshire before so I'm really looking forward to it, definitely have to visit Barafundle Bay and Benedict said Tenby is nice so will be going there too

August 2, 2017 9:15 pm  #15

Thank you for your impressions, Lis. What a lovely photo! 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 3, 2017 12:41 pm  #16

Thanks!

August 3, 2017 3:30 pm  #17

I uploaded all my photos from the talk with Benedict. Here is the link to my album on flickr:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsm5PsoeP

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

August 3, 2017 4:07 pm  #18

Thanks, Diva!  Those are fantastic!

August 3, 2017 4:33 pm  #19

Thank you.
I managed to catch(an illegal? ) recording where Benedict was asked who Sherlock should fall in love with.
One of the girls in the group where it was posted, made a comment about him going off at tangents.
Irked me a bit.
Benedict is a highly intelligent and thoughtful guy: he considers questions carefully and gives the most full and honest responses he can.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 3, 2017 5:12 pm  #20

I think his spontaneous answer was John Watson and then he added it would have to be Molly or something like that. Maybe he did not want to annoy anyone. 

Board footera