BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 20, 2017 6:23 am  #301

Re: Have you had any dreams about Sherlock?

I had a slightly rude one the other night, but I think it was about him, so should possibly be on the other thread...which I may or may not bother going looking for!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 22, 2017 9:56 pm  #302

Haha.  It's up to you, but it's close to the top of the General Benedict topic section.

Clueing for looks.

February 22, 2017 9:58 pm  #303

I'd actually forgotten all about it until I saw your post...I'm away to bed soon, so maybe I'll look tomorrow!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 17, 2017 3:17 pm  #304

And another one from last night. And it was a truly terrible one. I only remember a small part of it. The only good thing about this dream was, that the things happening were somehow series five. And I was thinking: Oh wow, so good, so there IS a series 5 and so shortly after 4. So Moftiss was lying and wanted to surprise us. I think I finished episode one and then in episode two, everything went crazy serious and this happened:
Sherlock had to watch John being tortured physically. The baddies wanted information from Sherlock, but Sherlock either simply couldn't give the information away (maybe something he and John agreed upon beforehand to never give it away whatever happens) or because he truly didn't know the information the bad guys wanted to have. It was really terrible and to this point I wasn't sure wheter it was somehow Sherlock and John in real-life or if it was the new episode of Sherlock.
If you want to know what exactly the torture was, keep reading. If not, better stop now. I think they did multiple things. I remember that John was lying on the floor and a terribly heavy weight was put down on him slowly and was being kind of suffocated.

What on earth was my brain thinking?

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

June 17, 2017 4:29 pm  #305

Yikes! That's a heavy dream! 

I had a dream some weeks ago I forgot to share. 

I was in a cinema type of venue and Mycroft was there to hold a form of lecture. For some reason he locked eyes with me among the crowd and used me as an example to deduce on and the things he said was quite hurtful. I ended up crying but couldn't leave until the lecture was over, and by then I was still sobbing and angry at him for doing that (he used things from my past etc.)... I actually woke up and cried a bit too... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 17, 2017 9:57 pm  #306

My goodness, not happy dreams for either of you!

Clueing for looks.

July 8, 2017 2:38 pm  #307

Ohh, PhantomLady, sounds really very much like Mycroft when he is mean. :'(

Aaaaaaaaaand another one from last night. Again, so, so sad, almost everything is lost, because it was a very pleasent, comforting dream this time. It was about Sherlock and John (and maybe a little Mycroft, but I don't know anymore) and it was so full of love, friendship, compassion and trust and it was just wonderful. One of the two was terribly afraid of something and "I" was the other one. I was leading a blindfolded Sherlock/John to some place. To some far place, outside, there could have been snow around, all in all a gentle and nice place but S/J was scared. I guided him and I remember I felt everything, the body in my arms, the breath, the anxiety, the trust between us (= aka Sherlock and John).
And, oh god, I don't know if I should tell you that, but at some point "we" kissed, very passionately and hot, with tongue and everything. It felt very realistic in my dream like in reality. Note: I'm not even a Johnlocker.   I mean what on earth??? Maybe I am in my subconsciousness and I don't know yet.

And we also did some brilliant crime solving together. Like in a very good episode of Sherlock, my mind imagined a fascinating plot. (Well maybe it wasn't, but then my mind certainly tricked itself into believing so.) Because I don't remember a thing of it, maybe I only dreamt about the feeling of having seen/been part of a brilliant Sherlock plot.

Last edited by Rache (July 8, 2017 2:42 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

July 8, 2017 11:27 pm  #308

Wow, that sounds pretty good. I don't know if it's so much you are Johnlocker in your subconscious, but maybe you are attracted to Sherlock (or maybe both of them?) and in your mind that would be the only situation where that could happen? I don't know, I think any analysis of a dream is more accurate coming from oneself than someone else.

Clueing for looks.

July 9, 2017 8:00 am  #309

Oh Phantom you're so lucky remembering that....
I had one of my frustrating moments this morning(It's happened a few times).
I woke up with the impression of Martin/John and Benedict/Sherlock in my mind's eye and I knew I'd been dreaming about them...but heck I couldn't remember what,
I even tried to tune back into them as I fell asleep again, to see if I could almost re-live the dream!
But again I woke, knowing I'd been dreaming like mad but I cannot remember what any of it was about!

July 9, 2017 9:45 pm  #310

Yitzock wrote:

Wow, that sounds pretty good. I don't know if it's so much you are Johnlocker in your subconscious, but maybe you are attracted to Sherlock (or maybe both of them?) and in your mind that would be the only situation where that could happen? I don't know, I think any analysis of a dream is more accurate coming from oneself than someone else.

I can't deny that I am attracted to Sherlock, not John, though. So I don't know, your analysis is thinkable. But it wasn't that "I" was enjoying the kiss in my dream very much. It was just there. I was more feeling the warmth and trust and the relationship between the two characters and I believe the kiss was a symbol for that.
But it's all speculation anyway. ;)

Oh and p.s.: It's not that I am not a Johnlocker at all. You could say, I'm a Johnlocker, but not at all in a sexual way (like the kiss in my dream). If that makes sense.

- - -

Breathing is boring!

July 9, 2017 11:07 pm  #311

I understand what you mean, Rache. 

besley, I understand that frustration, too. I've had dreams where people or characters just appear and don't do anything, so maybe it's possible that happened in your dream, too?

Clueing for looks.

July 10, 2017 7:23 am  #312

Oh no I think thy were doing something, I just can't remember what!

July 10, 2017 1:51 pm  #313

Oh, OK. Well, I guess that's just one of those things. Some dreams you remember for a long time, others disappear very quickly.

Clueing for looks.

July 12, 2017 5:52 pm  #314

A few days ago I had an very strange dream.
I was together with Mr. Cumberbatch and it was terribly boring, so I started to flirt with Harry Styles! 😱

I still don’t understand how I could have such dream. 😂 Mr. Cumberbatch isn’t really my taste of men (though, he is an great actor)  and I hardly know something about Mr. Styles at all.
Very strange .😞

Men should be what they seem, 
Or those that be not, would they might seem none!

July 12, 2017 5:55 pm  #315

I had a dream about Beryl Vertue last night.
Again I can't remember exactly where it was, or what was happening:
She was sitting in the front row, of whatever it was and I remember thinking: oh I hope she's ok there.
So I don't know what was making an entrance: fire, water, something noisy or whatever.

July 19, 2017 4:49 pm  #316

Oh wow, I have so many dreams, it is crazy.

Another one. Still, like in those before, I forgot about 99% of it.
The tiny aspect, that I remember, is, that Sherlock and John stepped ino some kind of tube together. Not the Underground tube, but like a kind of vertical pipe with a kind of door entrance to it. Somehow it was clear that they would drown and die there. And both of them knew that. I dreamt about a whole new season of Sherlock and this was the finale/end to it.
And then I thought, uhm, wait, yeah ok Sherlock dies, but surely John can't die. Because he still has to write all the crime stories and memories of Sherlock. :D lol

Last edited by Rache (July 19, 2017 4:51 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

March 14, 2018 2:10 pm  #317

I had this dream about a week ago but I never got around to posting it.

The reason was never explained in the dream, but I had to go and seduce Moriarty. I presume it was to get some sort of information out of him, but I don't know. When I was sitting next to him he was dressed in a leather jacket and accessories. I had already taken one of his studded belts off and was feeling how soft the leather was. In the dream I noted that it must have been real leather considering how soft it was (which I don't think really makes sense). Then, suddenly he started to laugh and I realized that he knew what I was doing. And then he just kissed me and kept laughing and I was wondering what was going to happen next.

And that's where it ended. I can't think of much that happened in the days before that dream that could have contributed to it, so where this came from is beyond me.

Clueing for looks.

March 17, 2018 9:24 am  #318

I know I have had other dreams, which I have forgotten before remembering to record them here.
But I did dream about Benedict last night.
I am still on antibiotics and they are giving me the weirdest dreams.
So last night's offering was on the lines of(dreams are alway a bit confusing, of course): I appeared to be meeting Benedict for afternoon tea in the British Library cafe. Well I actually I know for a fact it wasn't the real cafe, as the real one isn''t as nice as the dream one.  I only know it was meant to be in the Brit Lib, because at some point I was walking around the building.  I bumped into somebody I knew and they demanded: was that you with Benedict Cumberbatch?  I not only confirmed, but appeared to imply he was my boyfriend.  My pal(or whoever it was, not sure), demanded I took them to meet Benedict. But when I returned to our table in the cafe: everything was abandoned and Benedict was gone.  My friend commented: well, obviously he doesn't think he's your boyfriend!

March 18, 2018 6:37 pm  #319

That's funny! The comment from your friend seems like something someone would write in a TV episode, not something randomly thought up in a dream (although the rest does have the logic of a dream).

Clueing for looks.

March 18, 2018 6:51 pm  #320

Yeah, sorry, I couldn't remember excatly...I just knew it was something on the lines of that...maybe well 'where is he, then?' or something like that. I don't know.

Board footera