BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 13, 2017 5:04 pm  #1

Emmy 2017

Outstanding Lead Actor in a limited series or movie
source :http://www.emmys.com/awards/nominees-winners

Interesting that they submitted "The Lying Detective" that's the one with the "Henry V" scene.
as well as "Outstanding TV movie","Sound Editing", "Sound Mixing". Haven't checked if there are more, too many categories, no writing or other acting nominations though.

Last edited by Ivy (July 13, 2017 5:47 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 13, 2017 5:53 pm  #2

Re: Emmy 2017

Brilliant new! I think there are no further nominations but four is quite a good number. Now we will have to keep our fingers crossed for Benedict. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 13, 2017 5:56 pm  #3

It's a bit bittersweet for me because Ewan McGregor is nominated in the same category and I love Ewan McGregor (longer than any other person I do not know personally  )

----------

July 13, 2017 6:08 pm  #4

Divided loyalties for you, then! That's OK. In some ways it's good - more likely to be happy about who wins.

My family and I have actually seen a lot of the dramas that were nominated. I'm excited about the nominations for The Crown as well as Sherlock. I really hope they get recognized.

Clueing for looks.

July 13, 2017 10:00 pm  #5

Fingers crossed for Ben, he was amazing (though isn't he always) in TLD, and also for the Sherlock team. TLD is one of my favourite episodes for sure!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

July 13, 2017 10:06 pm  #6

Delighted at the news and hoping...but he never wins anything!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 14, 2017 7:08 am  #7

Well, he won an Emmy for HLV. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 14, 2017 7:12 am  #8

I forget these things...call  myself a fan?! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 14, 2017 4:34 pm  #9

besleybean wrote:

I forget these things...call  myself a fan?! 

well he wasn't at the Emmys the year he won, so it's easily to forget.

----------

July 14, 2017 4:36 pm  #10

To be honest, I do tend to forget that he has occasionally won things!
A fan girl in another group is moaning that Martin should have a nomination too.

July 14, 2017 9:24 pm  #11

Martin also did a lot of great stuff (in The Lying Detective and the rest of series 4) so I can understand that. But then again...he's already won a BAFTA (tee hee). I'm just glad Sherlock is getting recognized with nominations, so the thought had not really occurred to me. While I can understand it, with a few exceptions most of the shows only have one actor nominated in any given acting category.  Not that that means Martin is any less deserving than Benedict. But considering what Benedict does in TLD, I can understand why he would be singled out.

Clueing for looks.

July 14, 2017 9:27 pm  #12

I felt similarly when Andrew won his BAFTA.
Martin was also nominated and was so good...but he'd already won one and I was rooting for Andrew!

July 14, 2017 10:42 pm  #13

I guess there's always going to be more deserving actors than there are awards to give them.

Clueing for looks.

July 15, 2017 7:14 am  #14

Which of course is very healthy for the industry and good news for us!

July 16, 2017 12:24 pm  #15

Amazing news, and I have to say it's very much deserved! Benedict was amazing in The Lying Detective! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 17, 2017 4:35 pm  #16

I believe Martin also has an Emmy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 17, 2017 5:15 pm  #17

Yes he has, both got an Emmy for HLV in 2014. And none of them were there.
Unfortunately no opportunity this year.

The "comedy" and "drama" section has categories for best guest actor/actress, "limited series/movie" should have that, too. Would be perfect for a Andrew nomination.

I'll definitely try to watch the Emmy this year (afterwards though) Stephen Colbert is hosting and I don't want to miss that.

----------

Board footera