BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 11, 2017 11:37 am  #221

Re: What are you listening to?

What about some Sarasate, one of the favourites of Mr. Holmes?  😉

Nemanja Radulovic to your pleasure!

https://youtu.be/ksySb5f0c-E

Last edited by DramaQueen (July 11, 2017 11:39 am)

Men should be what they seem, 
Or those that be not, would they might seem none!

July 11, 2017 2:34 pm  #222

Very nice! I haven't heard it in a while, but I always liked that piece.

Clueing for looks.

July 12, 2017 7:57 pm  #223

Yitzock wrote:

Do you have a favourite performer, too?

July 15, 2017 10:59 am  #224

...and I'm also  totally in love with this piece!

https://youtu.be/BnsPnyiLdrw

July 15, 2017 2:45 pm  #225

DramaQueen wrote:

Yitzock wrote:

Do you have a favourite performer, too?

For that particular piece? I can't say that I do, I tend to enjoy it no matter who is playing. While I enjoy classical music, I don't have any particular affinity for any one performer. I just don't know anyone well enough. Everyone I've heard is good.

Clueing for looks.

July 17, 2017 4:48 pm  #226

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 17, 2017 9:10 am  #227

Honestly, are here also some opera-lover ? Come on, Mr. Holmes was a great connoisseur, too!

October 7, 2017 11:58 pm  #228

What about this excellent guy?

https://youtu.be/4HjYZrjQ57Q

February 25, 2018 10:57 pm  #229

I kinda forgot that this thread existed. 

I'm not usually someone who enjoys rap music, or swearing in songs, but there are exceptions, and one song that I have enjoyed this weekend is Janelle Monae's new song "Django Jane." After seeing her in Hidden Figues I was curious about her music and I enjoyed many of her songs. I'm curious to see what the rest of her new album is going to sound like.

Clueing for looks.

February 26, 2018 6:31 pm  #230

Not  a lot at the moment, as I am currently deaf in one ear:  ear drum perforation!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 1, 2018 1:37 am  #231

Is that something that heals or is it going to be permanently like that? 
Over the Christmas holiday this year I had one ear that was plugged up and I had to get the doctor to flush it, until then it was frustrating trying to hear TV shows and movies with the right ear mostly compromised, but somehow I put up with it for days!

Clueing for looks.

March 1, 2018 7:31 am  #232

I now have two matching perforated ear drums, yay!
Yeah, sorry to be a whinge...feeling very sorry for myself, at the moment.
No this is from a severe infection, not ear wax build up.  They couldn't flush the ear canals, that would cause more damage.
I am currently on antibiotics for the infection, though 3 days in- I still feel rubbish.
3-4 weeks for the ear drums to heal...if they do.
So even if I felt well enough, I feel I would still have to miss the live gig I fancied on Saturday night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 1, 2018 11:43 am  #233

Yesterday I discovered that The Pogues got back together in 2012 for a gig at the Paris Olympia. Sad I missed it, but there's a movie of the gig (as in a professionally made one), and it's in two parts on YouTube.

March 1, 2018 3:33 pm  #234

I've never heard of that band, what kind of music do they play?

besleybean wrote:

I now have two matching perforated ear drums, yay!
Yeah, sorry to be a whinge...feeling very sorry for myself, at the moment.
No this is from a severe infection, not ear wax build up.  They couldn't flush the ear canals, that would cause more damage.
I am currently on antibiotics for the infection, though 3 days in- I still feel rubbish.
3-4 weeks for the ear drums to heal...if they do.
So even if I felt well enough, I feel I would still have to miss the live gig I fancied on Saturday night.

Sorry if I implied I thought the two problems were related, that's not what I meant. I just was remembering when I couldn't hear so well out of one ear, but for a different reason. Hopefully it will heal OK.

Clueing for looks.

March 1, 2018 4:43 pm  #235

The Pogues are Irish punk rock!
Brilliant.

March 3, 2018 11:39 am  #236

Yitzock, you might know them without knowing it. Have you seen the HBO series "The Wire"? When a policeman dies and there is a wake in the pub they play "Body of an American" by the Pogues. And the supposedly ubiquitous Christmas song "Fairytale of New York" (It was Christmas eve babe, in the drunk tank) is also by the Pogues (with Kirsty MacColl - that's the definitive version!)

March 4, 2018 11:34 pm  #237

I have not seen The Wire, though I have heard that it's very good. I just looked them up and it doesn't seem as though I have seen any movies or TV shows with their songs in them. I will have to look them up on YouTube when I get the chance.

Clueing for looks.

December 12, 2018 3:22 pm  #238

Who's know Dropkick Murphys???

August 24, 2020 6:28 pm  #239

I feel like I'm the only one who has posted in this thread in a very long time, so maybe nobody is interested but me,  so please tell me to stop posting in this one if I'm posting too much.

But anyway, I am Canadian and don't follow Eurovision, and I know I'm late to the party on this song, but lately I've been obsessed with the song "Think About Things" by the Icelandic musician Daði Freyr, ever since I saw a video where someone mentioned it. It's so catchy and fun, I can't get it out of my head. I really like that it's...I don't know if "innocent" is the right word, and "wholesome" is overused on the Internet, but while obviously there's a place for the raunchy and suggestive, I like that this just isn't either of those things, a song anybody can enjoy with lyrics about a dad's love for his daughter. 

Clueing for looks.

August 24, 2020 8:24 pm  #240

Missing Eurovision this year! Have you seen Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga on Netflix?  I really enjoyed and thought the songs were great! 

Board footera