BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 23, 2015 1:32 am  #141

Re: All Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock stories.

Oh, my post seems to have disappeared

Thank you April, and Arabella. It looks like the copy I borrowed has all the stories in written order, so that's helpful.

I was hoping to find a good audio version of The Sign of the Four to listen to. I have checked out a couple of online versions, but I haven't found a voice that I can stand listening to yet. The audiobook of A Study in Scarlet that I listened to was good, it was read by Derek Jacobi. If I can't find one of similar quality, I guess I'll just have to read the printer copy myself. It's a shame because I have gotten into the habit of listening to Sherlock Holmes while I do my housework

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 23, 2015 1:22 pm  #142

I love listening to audio books. So far I have not found a reader whose style I find congenial for any of Conan Doyle's work. We are fortunate we can find so much of his work on-line. For years (when people used to read books) you had to dig through the dusty recesses of libraries to find copies of Doyle's "Non-Sherlock" books. I'm lucky I squirreled away many books in the 1970's when you could go by a book store (remember those?) and poke around in the bargain bins. I'm glad I still have my moldering treasures. 

June 12, 2017 9:07 pm  #143

Delicious docu with Stephen Fry "The  Search for Sherlock Holmes" about the meeting of Oscar Wilde and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7rPsjdMEvbk

Last edited by DramaQueen (June 12, 2017 9:09 pm)

Men should be what they seem, 
Or those that be not, would they might seem none!

June 13, 2017 5:39 am  #144

Yes it's good, isn't it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera