BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 31, 2017 6:58 am  #7141

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

This is very fitting. I wonder if they are wedding rings in form of handcuffs. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 31, 2017 6:36 pm  #7142

They might come in handy, one way or another. :-D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 3, 2017 6:10 pm  #7143

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 3, 2017 6:51 pm  #7144

Great find!
And I love the blog title! *Gayliens"! Heheh!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

June 3, 2017 7:04 pm  #7145

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 3, 2017 11:48 pm  #7146

Posting this here rather than in the other thread because I'm not arguing with anyone about it.

Regarding Sherlocked USA and Johnlocking.

On the first day of the convention I wore my rainbow "It Is What It Is" t-shirt and got several complements on it while still in line for registration.   It didn't take long for this great gal to corner me and give me the ribbon below.

Johnlock is alive and well.  Even if it's not 100% canon.   I know there's still people out there who can't stand johnlockers and there are still johnlockers who are made at the creators.  However, my own experience at the convention was nothing but good.  While standing in line for photo shoots I met someone who ships Sheroly.  We still hung out together the rest of the afternoon and had fun.  I never saw any fan being disrespected and I hope no one was.

As far as the creators go, I still think they are never going to tell us the whole truth no matter what they are talking about.  I think they have plans even now for S5 that they want to make sure we don't guess.  I'm not going to hold my breath for John and Sherlock to kiss on screen.  But, to me, they left S4 open enough to interpretation that I am willing to remain in the fandom and enjoy myself.  

Besides, as I've said before, Johnlock existed long before BBC Sherlock and it will exist as long as people get hooked on the relationship between these two great characters.  All we did was give the ship a name.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 4, 2017 5:37 am  #7147

Thanks for your report, tonnaree. It feels so good to learn about your experiences at the Con! :-)

June 4, 2017 5:32 pm  #7148

What a beautiful report, tonnaree! Thank you!

-----

June 23, 2017 11:40 am  #7149

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 23, 2017 6:45 pm  #7150

Aw! Those stalk-outs can be pretty boring, can they?

Last edited by ewige (June 23, 2017 6:45 pm)

-----

June 24, 2017 11:54 am  #7151

Nicely summarized for your convenience:

Mycroft approves:

-----

June 24, 2017 12:44 pm  #7152

I love the umbrella pic. :-)

June 24, 2017 3:33 pm  #7153

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 28, 2017 7:42 am  #7154

Romantic tropes in Sherlock, very nicely demonstrated through this example:

https://iamjohnlocked4life.tumblr.com/post/162301770505/may-shepard-themanandthemachine

June 28, 2017 1:06 pm  #7155

I think I have seen it before but it is perfect.

And I am sure it shows that they were aiming at Johnlock, at least until lately. Or still are ...

June 28, 2017 6:05 pm  #7156

It is so funny! Especially the last pair of pictures where John is making puppy eyes :D

-----

July 1, 2017 8:16 pm  #7157

July 4, 2017 7:32 pm  #7158

This one is so, so lovely. 

And here is something sad but I find this moment quite beautiful:

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/162599031536/i-thought-we-were-just

July 4, 2017 7:52 pm  #7159

SusiGo wrote:

This is heartbreaking, no matter if one sees them in a romantic relationship or not. 

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

July 4, 2017 9:07 pm  #7160

SusiGo wrote:

Absolutely heartbreaking - and the photo above is a killer!

Board footera