BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 27, 2017 9:51 pm  #781

Re: Sherlocked - The Official Sherlock Convention

I hope it's going well! 

May 27, 2017 9:58 pm  #782

I had some pics from tonnaree who is very happy and has lots of fun. There is quite a lot of discussion on tumblr about the writers contradicting themselves quite a lot (where the overall plot, props, etc. are concerned) but the mood seems to be fine. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 27, 2017 10:08 pm  #783

Lovely to hear that Tonnaree is having a great time there!   For some reason, I didn't think to look on tumblr (have had a look on twitter)  I did come across this interview from just before the convention:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/steven-moffat-talks-sherlocked-the-first-ever-us_us_5925b4f7e4b0ed5eed132417?ncid=engmodushpmg00000004
Nothing terribly new, but vaguely positive about S5 - well, not ruling it out, anyway. 

May 27, 2017 10:10 pm  #784

From what I read about the meet & greets Sue and Mark were vaguely positive as well. Not a word about TFP being the last episode ever. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 27, 2017 10:11 pm  #785

Woohoo!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 27, 2017 10:17 pm  #786

That sounds great!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 28, 2017 4:25 pm  #787

May 28, 2017 4:34 pm  #788

That sounds  a lot more positive than when I heard him speak.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 28, 2017 4:35 pm  #789

They seem to forget what they said weeks ago these days. 

May 28, 2017 4:37 pm  #790

Possibly it's old age!
Bless him.

May 28, 2017 4:51 pm  #791

Wasn't it Benedict who said it felt like an ending (not in so many words)?  Whereas in terms of the stories, it's more like a beginning, a starting point if they wanted to continue to do mature John and Sherlock (or so I like to hope!)

On the other hand, in that previous interview I posted, Steven said that they hadn't even talked about what they would do with S5. 

May 28, 2017 5:21 pm  #792

What about some plain text instead of beating around the bush then?

Last edited by tobeornot221b (May 28, 2017 5:21 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 28, 2017 5:28 pm  #793

Indeed.

May 28, 2017 5:35 pm  #794

Well I don't know about the con party, but Moffat went on record repeatedly saying they had't had time to talk about s5 yet. We all know how busy Ben's schedule is. I think the situation is pretty clear.
Arguing with a fan over a drink might have been a funny exercise for him and nothing else.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

May 28, 2017 7:08 pm  #795

Maybe Steven Moffat should not say things like "Mary shot Sherlock nicely". No idea if he was joking but this is just stupid. 

May 28, 2017 7:11 pm  #796

Oh come on we've had this before.
Anyone who knows Steven: it's his West Coast Scottish humour.

May 28, 2017 7:31 pm  #797

SusiGo wrote:

Maybe Steven Moffat should not say things like "Mary shot Sherlock nicely". No idea if he was joking but this is just stupid. 

;-))
http://marcespot.tumblr.com/post/161172399119

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 28, 2017 7:33 pm  #798

Oh for goodness sake he got over it.
He's alive and well, which is more than can be said for Mary!

May 28, 2017 7:36 pm  #799

besleybean wrote:

Oh for goodness sake he got over it.
He's alive and well, which is more than can be said for Mary!

I think everybody should decide that for him- or herself, if it's not too much to be asked.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 28, 2017 8:02 pm  #800

besleybean wrote:

Oh come on we've had this before.
Anyone who knows Steven: it's his West Coast Scottish humour.

As I'm from this geographical area, I'd agree with this - I miss this sort of humour sometimes!  Sometimes things he's said have riled people and just made me laugh!

Board footera