BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 28, 2017 9:27 am  #21

Re: Hints of season 5 in TFP?

Yeah. I also took the knock on the door not quite as literally as you, bb.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 28, 2017 9:30 am  #22

Or Sherlock and John are already sitting together in 221B and a client knocks on the door?

May 20, 2017 3:56 pm  #23

So I think we can't know if there will ever be a series 5.

But what makes me believe, that they said the truth about that they are basically willing to come back, is this: They didn't kill off Mycroft. They were this close to kill him in TFP and if they had really wanted, they would have found a way. I mean it would have somehow been the "perfect" ending for Mycroft. Dying by sacrificing himself. So if there is a poissibility for continuation, they don't want to do it without Mycroft, apparently, because his character is too intersting to not include him.

Last edited by Rache (May 20, 2017 3:57 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

May 20, 2017 4:04 pm  #24

Personally I think any potential S 5 was included in S 4...but I would like to think I was wrong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 20, 2017 4:34 pm  #25

I think they do want to continue!  So yes, they may have kept Mycroft in for that reason, in case they get the chance to!  However, I don't think Mycroft dying would have improved TFP - not for me, anyway.   So he may have been left alive because it wasn't the story they planned too. 

May 20, 2017 4:37 pm  #26

His dying would never improve anything for me...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 20, 2017 5:02 pm  #27

The funny thing is this - there was a strong hint of Mycroft dying at the end of TAB. And it became one of many loose ends of S4. At no time was Mycroft in any danger. Eurus never really targeted him although he was the one who treated her worst. And even if he was in danger from Eurus, it was not anything he could have anticipated in TAB. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 20, 2017 5:04 pm  #28

I don't know if Eurus really expected Sherlock to shoot anybody...was she just toying with them all?

May 20, 2017 6:33 pm  #29

Mycroft may have guessed Eurus had something to do with Moriarty's "Miss Me".  If he does, he keeps very quiet about it, but it must have crossed his mind that she had that connection. 

And yes, I wonder, BB.  She clearly had the room prepared so that they could be stopped before they killed each other - obviously, she didn't want to kill Sherlock, but she could have got Mycroft killed if she'd wanted to, and she doesn't.  Maybe she loves him really, or maybe she thinks killing him would turn Sherlock too far against her.  I don't know. 

Last edited by Liberty (May 20, 2017 6:40 pm)

May 21, 2017 6:53 am  #30

SusiGo wrote:

The funny thing is this - there was a strong hint of Mycroft dying at the end of TAB. And it became one of many loose ends of S4.

What became a loose end in S4? Mycroft not dying`?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

May 21, 2017 7:31 am  #31

I just see that as one of the red herrings, Mark referred to.
I can't remember if it was before S 4 or just before TFP, but he gave an interview where he said:  we have been throwing lots of clues out in the previous 3 series, now we see which really were clues and which were actually just red herrings.

May 21, 2017 4:05 pm  #32

Vhanja wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

The funny thing is this - there was a strong hint of Mycroft dying at the end of TAB. And it became one of many loose ends of S4.

What became a loose end in S4? Mycroft not dying`?

He seemed to hand over responsibility for Sherlock to John in the last plane scene. But nothing ever came of it, quite the contrary. And Mycroft he was not even in any grave danger he could have anticipated at this point. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 21, 2017 4:07 pm  #33

Detective literature has a long history of red herrings.
Why not TV shows?

May 21, 2017 5:34 pm  #34

We do get some of that thread continuing ... John almost fails to look after (drugged) Sherlock in TLD.  (And I suppose there's Mycroft passing responsibility to John again in TFP when he tries to get Sherlock to kill him rather than John).

Last edited by Liberty (May 21, 2017 5:38 pm)

June 7, 2017 1:48 pm  #35

June 7, 2017 4:17 pm  #36

Yes I watched this live and he was quite clear that we are most likely to get yet another general election(after the one tomorrow), before anymore Sherlock.

June 7, 2017 5:01 pm  #37

I'll wait willingly as long as I have to. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 7, 2017 5:03 pm  #38

Incidentally boys and girls, Mark is on the same show tonight.

June 7, 2017 6:12 pm  #39

Watching it now!

June 7, 2017 6:17 pm  #40

Did he cut in on Chris's question about when he first learned to ride a bike?!

Last edited by besleybean (June 7, 2017 6:17 pm)

Board footera