BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 15, 2017 1:03 pm  #2021

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

Vhanja: I died and I'm in heaven after reading White Lotuses :D

I love how comfortable Sherlock and John are with each other, the inside blurb jokes, how deliciously slow everything is... And I adore how charming Sherlock is in this fic. He really knows how to seduce a gentleman.

I'm all ears (or eyes) for more fluff recs!!! 

"It is what it is"
"You see, but you do not observe"

"I shall die upon a cloud of Johnlock fluff and have my body launched into the sun". - LadyTuesday

March 15, 2017 1:16 pm  #2022

I love that fic too. Even though I love my angst and drama, it's lovely to sometimes enjoy a story where there is no snarky and rude Sherlock and no grumpy or angry John. Glad you liked it!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 1, 2017 2:58 pm  #2023

I just read a lovely humour fic that I want to recommend. A small break from all the angst we all (me included) seem to enjoy.

An Acquired Taste by kinklock

Summary: At Montague Street when Sherlock was forced to sate his body's needs, he was at least able to wander about the flat as much as he pleased.

At Baker Street, it was mini-bags in a mini-fridge and bedroom confinement.

----

In this fic, Sherlock is a vampire and the story tells about how John finds out and how they journey from friends to lovers from there. It's a humor fic which is also warm and sweet. 

Also, Sherlock is a bat. That is,he can shapeshift into a bat. Now, even though I usually enjoy vampire fics, I draw the line at bats. Just too... out there for me. But since it was a humor fic I thought I would give it a try - and I LOVED it! I found John's interation with Bat!lock so amazingly sweet and adorable that I am now looking for more John-bat!lock-fics. 

And this story doesn't involve any kind of violence or dub-con as vampire fics might do. It's all pure consensual, sweet, humorous and lovely. (There is blood drinking, though, read the tags).

I found this fic hilarious and toe-curlingly sweet. And now I want a bat.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

April 1, 2017 5:33 pm  #2024

Woah, this sounds really crazy but I downloaded it anyway. I love crazy AUs as long as they are good. So why not Batlock? I once wrote a little Tunalock fic ...

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 1, 2017 5:43 pm  #2025

Hope you will like it, I loved it from start to finish. (Oh, and Sherlock isn't a bat all the time, he can shapeshift). 

Team Hudders!

April 1, 2017 5:45 pm  #2026

This is good because I find it hard to imagine things like Winglock where he has wings all the time. Shapeshifting sounds fine to me. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 21, 2017 7:08 pm  #2027

I just finished "The Case of the Green Gown" - wow, what a read! Thank you very much to those who recommended it. I had never heard of it before and would probably have missed it. Of the many good things that can be said about it, I would like to mention one that impressed me very much: for me this is the first truly convincing relationship story for Mycroft. Beautiful and sad. 

April 21, 2017 7:43 pm  #2028

SusiGo wrote:

I just finished "The Case of the Green Gown" - wow, what a read! Thank you very much to those who recommended it. I had never heard of it before and would probably have missed it. Of the many good things that can be said about it, I would like to mention one that impressed me very much: for me this is the first truly convincing relationship story for Mycroft. Beautiful and sad. 

I just finished it also and would like to second everything Susi just said.  It was fantastic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 21, 2017 7:58 pm  #2029

Whee! Glad you liked it! I've been thinking fondly about this story today

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

April 22, 2017 8:08 am  #2030

I have it bookmarked, so will definitly read it!

Team Hudders!

April 22, 2017 8:38 am  #2031

Me too. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 24, 2017 12:39 pm  #2032

Do it ladies!  You won't be able to put it down!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 27, 2017 7:54 am  #2033

Here is something quite unusual - the first long post-TFP fic I have read. Kudos to the author who worked the sometimes problematic elements of S4 into a loving though sometimes a bit angsty fic:

(Never) Turn Your Back to the Sea[/url] (39968 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/DiscordantWords]DiscordantWords
Chapters: 7/7
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Mature
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Rosamund Mary "Rosie" Watson, Eurus Holmes, Mycroft Holmes
Additional Tags: Season/Series 04, Post-Episode: s04e03 The Final Problem, Fix-It, Sherlock Is Not Okay, John Comes Home, eventually, Series 4 Fix-It, Grief/Mourning
Summary: 

Baker Street is very much the same. Only different. 

And Sherlock is just trying not to drown.

Last edited by SusiGo (April 27, 2017 7:54 am)

April 27, 2017 9:54 am  #2034

That sounds really great, Susi. I have just written the first 500 Words of my own post-TFP fic and want to stay away from other fics taking place after S4 but I have bookmarked it for future reading!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 27, 2017 10:48 am  #2035

Of course. You can read it anytime later but I can tell you as far as I know about your plans, that this one here is very different. And I am looking forward very much to yours. 

May 12, 2017 6:43 pm  #2036

Vhanja wrote:

I just read a lovely humour fic that I want to recommend. A small break from all the angst we all (me included) seem to enjoy.

An Acquired Taste by kinklock

Summary: At Montague Street when Sherlock was forced to sate his body's needs, he was at least able to wander about the flat as much as he pleased.

At Baker Street, it was mini-bags in a mini-fridge and bedroom confinement.

----

In this fic, Sherlock is a vampire and the story tells about how John finds out and how they journey from friends to lovers from there. It's a humor fic which is also warm and sweet. 

Also, Sherlock is a bat. That is,he can shapeshift into a bat. Now, even though I usually enjoy vampire fics, I draw the line at bats. Just too... out there for me. But since it was a humor fic I thought I would give it a try - and I LOVED it! I found John's interation with Bat!lock so amazingly sweet and adorable that I am now looking for more John-bat!lock-fics. 

And this story doesn't involve any kind of violence or dub-con as vampire fics might do. It's all pure consensual, sweet, humorous and lovely. (There is blood drinking, though, read the tags).

I found this fic hilarious and toe-curlingly sweet. And now I want a bat.

I absolutely relished this lovely fic. Thank you for sharing! It never occured to me that Sherlock as a bat would be such an endearing scenario.... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 12, 2017 7:23 pm  #2037

Yep, it was a very endearing read! Sherlock the fruit bat

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

May 12, 2017 7:49 pm  #2038

SusiGo wrote:

Here is something quite unusual - the first long post-TFP fic I have read. Kudos to the author who worked the sometimes problematic elements of S4 into a loving though sometimes a bit angsty fic:

(Never) Turn Your Back to the Sea[/url] (39968 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/DiscordantWords]DiscordantWords
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Rosamund Mary "Rosie" Watson, Eurus Holmes, Mycroft Holmes
Additional Tags: Season/Series 04, Post-Episode: s04e03 The Final Problem, Fix-It, Sherlock Is Not Okay, John Comes Home, eventually, Series 4 Fix-It, Grief/Mourning
Summary: 

Bookmarked that one the other day out of curiosity.  Now, with your recommendation, I will have to read it!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 12, 2017 7:57 pm  #2039

So glad you guys liked it! I never thought it would be endearing either, but it was just too adorable. 

Team Hudders!

May 13, 2017 5:17 am  #2040

tonnaree wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Summary: 

Bookmarked that one the other day out of curiosity.  Now, with your recommendation, I will have to read it!

By now, I have read it as well and it is great. You won't regret it.

For me it was interesting to see thst the author made many choices about how Johnlock could go on after TFP, and most of the times she wrote the complete opposite of what I am writing.

Board footera