BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 27, 2016 5:03 pm  #1101

Re: Doctor Who

Thank you! It worked! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 27, 2016 5:56 pm  #1102

Oh good!  Enjoy it! 

December 27, 2016 7:06 pm  #1103

Oddly enough, I've been having trouble with it too, in a different way!  Not having cable (for channels such as BBC America), I always content myself with the fact that Christmas Day Sunday will just be hanging around with everyone and eating/games/etc, then yay, Amazon and iTunes always have the license to show it the next day and happily watch the xmas Doctor!

Well...  in theory I would, yes...     If not for the fact that decided to use Amazon, since that's where I've usually bought the episodes, bought it, started it up, aand... they haven't coded it for captions/subtitles at all (which I really do need, I'm sure Phantom can relate).  Freaking.. gah...  take a look at the reviews, and quite a few people in a similar position as me also complaining!  Apparently it's the fault of the content provider and Amazon is waiting on them.  Seeing as I'm impatient to do that indefinitely, just going to jump over on iTunes instead (where it's listed as definitely captioned).

Wish it wasn't so hard sometimes for content providers to make it easily accessible!  *goes off to excitedly watch the Doctor 'celebrate' his usual alien-filled xmas.. ha*   Tell me what you think, later!  It's so strange to think that the last time we saw Twelve was his last christmas with River (but who knows how long that went on for, or how long he's been roaming around since!)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 2, 2017 4:47 pm  #1104

I absolutely love Doctor Who !! Not as much as Sherlock, but it is a close second !
My fav Doctors are Ten and Twelve. Danid Tennant was first for a long time, but the more I see Peter Capaldi, the more I like him ! His best episodes IMHO were Hell Bent/Heaven Sent.

Last Christmas Special was... weird. It looked like Moffat was in fan-boy mode for his last episode as a showrunner...

January 2, 2017 4:48 pm  #1105

I really liked it, but yes...it was very Steven!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 2, 2017 7:13 pm  #1106

I really liked it too ! Steven must have had so much fun doing it !
Now, I wait for series 10 to see the new companion in action !

January 4, 2017 1:54 am  #1107

Aww, hey!  Nice to have another Who fan, too!  I was commenting with Phantom about being able to watch it,  then realized never came back with thoughts.
Loved it... so cliche and fanboy-ish and sweet and hilarious, and a little goofy facepalming at certain aspects,  but good.   I take it you guys enjoyed too?  I can't believe they never grabbed the opportunity to have at least one moment of the Doctor 'speaking baby!'  And I'm sorry,  but the physics of Grant not flying up to grab the ship and instead risk jarring the entire building (and somehow not).  But Nardole makes for a great associate to run around with him... he should stay for a bit.   
Anyone else a little 'eeep' at the mention by UNIT of the Osgoods?  Or annoyed at Moffatt for doing the 'not really dead' thing with the soldier at the end we see is still 'possessed'?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 4, 2017 9:03 am  #1108

Yes, I jumped in my seat at the mention of Osgood ! I would so love to see her again ! Well, Human Osgood or Zygon Osgood, I don't care !
*Am I the only one, when Osgood is mentionned, that automatically thinks "Truth or Consequences" ?*

January 4, 2017 9:06 am  #1109

Osgood rocks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 4, 2017 9:13 am  #1110

I enjoyed it - I have to admit I was almost a little disappointed after such a long build-up, but on reflection, it was really good fun.  A little bit scary for children, but I think children are a bit more robust than in my day.  I'd have been terrified by the opening heads!  I felt that a lot of the references were for my generation (Moftiss's generation!), rather than children/young people, but that was fine by me! 

I just have an awful feeling that nothing's going to beat Heaven Sent for me, and every other episode will be not quite as good!   But looking forward to the new series in the spring. 

January 4, 2017 7:10 pm  #1111

The Osgood mention did make me clap too! 

The episode was a little strange for me; but I fully enjoyed it! And I was glad to see it was a continuation, and that it explained some things from last year's special! 

I am excited for the next episode... and curious to meet the new companion... I'm not that good with changes! 

(at least I'm tougher than my best friend who still hasn't seen Matt Smith's end yet out of fear...) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 4, 2017 7:10 pm  #1112

It was pretty tear jerking.

February 6, 2017 8:27 pm  #1113

It's official now that Peter Capaldi will leave the series in the next Christmas special.
On the one hand I'm sad because I liked the grumpy guy  On the other hand the recurring change is an essential part of the series IMO and to me it was always fun and exciting to get to know a new Doctor.

So, let the speculation begin. Who will be the next one? Any favourites? I know there is already a huge discussion whether the new Doctor should be a woman. I don't know, I can't get used to that idea 

A German online magazin had just published an article with several interessting suggestions (mal and femal):
http://www.serienjunkies.de/news/doctor-who-casting-vorschlge-81155.html

My favourite is long-since Rory Kinnear. I would love to see him as the new Doctor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

February 6, 2017 8:28 pm  #1114

Matt was my fave, but Peter has been great.
I would be happy with any of the suggested replacements.

April 17, 2017 1:27 pm  #1115

Has anyone watched the new one?  I was a bit nervous about it because I loved the last series/season so much.  But I thought it was great!   I instantly liked the new companion, Bill.  I'm a Matt Lucas fan so it was great to see him back.   Some of the dialogue was really funny, the "monster" was great, and the episode managed to be genuinely scary and moving too.   It also looked really good, interesting camera angles, good special effects (not like the old days!) and so on. 

I'm still sad that Peter is leaving, but going to enjoy his last hurrah!  He is going to be such a hard act to follow!   It will be strange watching the next series with no Peter, no Steven, and rumours that Pearl will be leaving as well. 

Last edited by Liberty (April 17, 2017 1:31 pm)

April 17, 2017 1:46 pm  #1116

Me!
I really liked it.
Yes, loved the companions. I agree on Matt.

I will miss, Peter, too, but understand his decision...I will obviously miss Steven more!
I didn't know Pearl was supposed to be leaving, too.
What do you make of the new doctor rumours?

April 17, 2017 2:05 pm  #1117

About Kris Marshall, you mean?  I don't know.  I'm sure he'd be fine, but not what I imagined they'd go for this time, so I'm not sure that it's true.   Or maybe it's just wishful thinking, because I was terribly excited about Peter, and not at all excited about Kris! It seems that the Doctor will be regenerating this series (not at Christmas), so presumably we should see whoever it is soon?  I was wondering if they'd go for a younger, eye candy doctor again for the teen audience, but then Peter has been so good ...

April 17, 2017 2:10 pm  #1118

My thoughts entirely.
I really like Kris and I guess he would be a midway choice...neither dead young nor dead old.
Yes, I was excited by Peter, too.
You remind me of another interesting point at Steven's talk and of course I am now going to make a complete arse of it, because I wasn't really paying attention- as on the world scale of events, it wasn't important to me!
They showed a clip, I think and sharp witted Frank picked up on the fact it indicated that the regeneration would be this series then and not at Xmas...is that what you meant?!

April 17, 2017 2:38 pm  #1119

Yes, apparently it has already been filmed, but the Christmas special hasn't been filmed yet. And yes, it looks as if he's regenerating in the trailer.  It could all be red herrings, though!   I think it would be possible for him to regenerate and still be in the Christmas special - we could just see an early part of his timeline.   Or I suppose it's even possible that Peter isn't in the Christmas one, and it's the new doctor, whomever they be?  There's still time to announce it before filming starts.  I'm kind of hoping not, because I would like to see the Steven/Peter combination for Christmas again this year, with Matt Lucas too, of course! 

April 17, 2017 2:40 pm  #1120

Needless to say Steven refused to categorically answer Frank's point!

Board footera