BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 14, 2017 9:05 pm  #21

Re: Mark Gatiss at the BFI, April 2017.

No, I didn't. What did I miss? (Damn, thought we were talking about Sherlock).

Last edited by Vhanja (April 14, 2017 9:06 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 15, 2017 12:04 am  #22

Haha.  I remember that scene from London Spy.  It really doesn't last long in the episode itself, so I guess it was one of those things that still took a long time to film despite that. I wonder if something went wrong the first time around and what that could have been.

Clueing for looks.

April 15, 2017 5:52 am  #23

Possibly Lis can remember what Mark said...was it something to do with the drug issue?
Did we see drugs incorporated in the aired version, I don't actually remember.
But I seem to think the re-shooting was to either put them in or take them out!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 15, 2017 7:09 am  #24

I seem to remember drugs, but my memory is hazy! 

April 15, 2017 8:38 am  #25

Okay, so they must have re-filmed to put the drugs in, then.
Mark said it was all a steep learning curve for him...which I assume was a reference to the drugs and not the sex! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 15, 2017 10:41 am  #26

Maybe he meant the sex-SCENE. Did he had any in his career, beside the almost sex scene in The White Petal… or whatever the title was? Being naked should not be an issue after all the years of TLOG

Don't remember drugs in the sex scene, but there were surely some in the foreplay.

I wish someone did a transcript or a record of the panels.

April 15, 2017 10:42 am  #27

They were definitely filmed...er, at least I think they were!

April 16, 2017 6:21 pm  #28

besleybean wrote:

Possibly Lis can remember what Mark said...was it something to do with the drug issue?
Did we see drugs incorporated in the aired version, I don't actually remember.
But I seem to think the re-shooting was to either put them in or take them out!

Yeah Mark said the director wanted to add more to the story so they had to shoot the scene again with the addition of crystal meth. 

Last edited by Lis (April 16, 2017 6:23 pm)

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

April 17, 2017 3:19 am  #29

I never knew that. It was so well-integrated I assumed it was part of the story all along. I suppose there was no way to guess that, come to think of it.

Clueing for looks.

April 17, 2017 7:41 am  #30

But how could we be expected to know?
They re-film scenes all the time in TV and film!

Board footera