BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 12, 2017 3:00 pm  #641

Re: The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses (was "Richard III")

I am looking forward to finding out how the BAFTAs will play out.  I thought Benedict did well in the series (though I haven't seen Richard III yet, just the first two episodes - it's waiting on the PVR at home), but I can imagine he is just as good in the last episode.

Clueing for looks.

April 12, 2017 3:03 pm  #642

He certainly is and it would be nice to see him win something.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 13, 2017 5:09 am  #643

He deserved Bafta for Hawking! And he deserved Bafta for Parade's End, but didn't even get nominated. 

April 13, 2017 7:48 am  #644

Certainly for Hawking and the fact that nobody outside of the fandom is even aware of the film...is so galling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 13, 2017 6:31 pm  #645

It was shown on TV here, wasn't it?  I think it may have been the first time I noticed Benedict, which in some ways was nice because I just saw him as Hawking ... I'm sure it was well watched at the time because I remember talking about it, but maybe it didn't make a big splash?  Anyway, yes, he was great in that and Parade's End. 

April 13, 2017 7:12 pm  #646

I confess I only heard of it post Sherlock!

April 13, 2017 8:07 pm  #647

After discovering Benedict through Sherlock, Hawking was actually one of the first movies I saw of him afterwards. I think he did a great job.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 13, 2017 8:08 pm  #648

Me, too.

April 13, 2017 9:35 pm  #649

Hawking is amazing. And he would have deserved the award. But this is BAFTA for you.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 13, 2017 9:56 pm  #650

Well, I mean, nominations mean he deserves it, but only one can actually be chosen to be given the award from that group of deserving people.

Clueing for looks.

April 13, 2017 9:58 pm  #651

True. But when the same actor is nominated six or seven times for the same award and never wins ... well. 

Last edited by SusiGo (April 13, 2017 9:59 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 15, 2017 12:02 am  #652

I know what you mean. Who knows, maybe this will be his time. Though of course I don't want to curse it by saying that, haha.

Clueing for looks.

April 15, 2017 8:40 pm  #653

I bought a ticket for the ceremony and would be thrilled if he actually wins this time. 

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

April 15, 2017 9:16 pm  #654

I didn't know you could do that! I hope you enjoy it.

Clueing for looks.

April 16, 2017 6:46 pm  #655

Oh wow that's cool, I'd love to go! I didn't know you could buy tickets either, I'll have to have a look haha. Hope you have a fun evening and I hope Ben wins!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

April 16, 2017 9:23 pm  #656

I happened to be on twitter when the nomination was announced and BAFTA posted a link to buy tickets, so I spontaneously decided to buy one. Only a limited number of seats is available for the public but I just checked and you can still buy tickets from the Southbank Centre website.

http://ticket.southbankcentre.co.uk/single/SYOS.aspx?p=102177&_ga=1.18188665.1982592614.1492377586

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

April 16, 2017 9:31 pm  #657

Have fun and give us a report! 

April 16, 2017 9:53 pm  #658

Ooh thanks for the info Diva!

I'm tempted to buy one. 

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

May 11, 2017 6:17 pm  #659

It seems Benedict will attend the BAFTAs after all - keeping fingers crossed:

http://www.bafta.org/media-centre/press-releases/attendees-television-awards-2017

May 12, 2017 5:46 am  #660

Yes!

Board footera