BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 24, 2017 12:06 pm  #761

Re: Sherlocked - The Official Sherlock Convention

I wish they would make some more guest announcements for the USA event,  *pout*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 24, 2017 4:52 pm  #762

Oh I won't be there...sorry, I was just saying IF!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 24, 2017 7:04 pm  #763

Nice!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 11, 2017 5:18 pm  #764

Sherlocked USA is getting so close!

Wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions for questions to ask the guests.     I've been pondering and would be interested to see what others would ask.

The guests are:
Stephen and Mark
Sue
Alistair Petrie
Andrew Scott
Arwell Jones
Amanita Abbington
Wanda and Timothy!
Louis Moffat
and Unna

What would you ask them if you had the chance??

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 11, 2017 5:34 pm  #765

Great question to ask us, Tonnaree ... and my mind has gone completely blank!  I'm sure there is loads I would love to ask and I'll get my thinking cap on. 

I can't wait to hear all the news from the convention!  Have a wonderful time!

Last edited by Liberty (May 11, 2017 5:43 pm)

May 11, 2017 6:13 pm  #766

Have fun!!

Of course I would ask them if they have ideas for new episodes and which stories they would like to tackle. And I would tell them that I would love to see Sherlock vs Baron Gruner from The Illustrious Client who is an amazing baddie. And I would ask if they are going to do another special, maybe as an alternative to S5 or to bridge a long gap. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 11, 2017 7:13 pm  #767

After much pondering I have decided that, if there were a miracle and Ben were there, I would ask him to talk about his project involving the Patrick Melrose novels. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 11, 2017 7:16 pm  #768

Great idea. I am very excited for those. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 12, 2017 5:39 am  #769

Me too, but he's so busy I doubt he'll make it.
But you have Andrew.
So who cares?!

May 12, 2017 6:49 am  #770

Exactly. Andrew is so adorable...! 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 12, 2017 8:10 am  #771

He definitely is.
As I mentioned in another thread before, Andrew even convinced people at that MagicCon who asked "What is he doing here?" before they experienced him on stage and during autograph and photo sessions. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 12, 2017 12:10 pm  #772

Andrew is wonderful.  But I do care if Benedict is there or not.  It's a once in a life time chance for me.
I know the chance is not good.  But at the last event he came for one day and it wasn't even announced until 4 days before the convention.  So, it's not completely impossible.  I'm certainly not counting on it and I know the convention will be amazing regardless, but I will hold onto my tiny thread of hope until the last minute. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 12, 2017 12:56 pm  #773

tonnaree wrote:

Andrew is wonderful.  But I do care if Benedict is there or not.  It's a once in a life time chance for me.

Of course. I would lie if I wouldn't think the same, tonnaree. I keep the fingers crossed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 12, 2017 2:16 pm  #774

I hope very much he will be there. Personally I would very much prefer to see Benedict. I like Andrew but I am not a fan. 

May 12, 2017 4:27 pm  #775

I think Benedict will always be my favourite actor.
But on a personal level, I love Andrew and Mark so much.

May 12, 2017 4:30 pm  #776

Andrew is great - even if he was a bit less enthusiastic by the second Sherlocked - after two hours of sleep and with a jetlag he hardly could keep his eyes open, but was still a joy to meet.

And to my surprise Alistair is such fun. Absolutely hilarious and crazy in a positive way.

May 12, 2017 5:49 pm  #777

JP wrote:

Andrew is great - even if he was a bit less enthusiastic by the second Sherlocked - after two hours of sleep and with a jetlag he hardly could keep his eyes open, but was still a joy to meet.

And to my surprise Alistair is such fun. Absolutely hilarious and crazy in a positive way.

JP, do you have a question you would ask Alistair?

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 12, 2017 7:58 pm  #778

From what I saw on Tumblr, Alistair is lovely with the fans. 

May 12, 2017 8:56 pm  #779

I hope you have a fantastic time tonnaree and my fingers are crossed for Ben going for you!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

May 13, 2017 3:44 pm  #780

Not really. Plus I could ask him anything on Twitter. I just didn't expect someone that funny and approachable after seeing him in Sherlock and The Night Manager.

Board footera