BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 27, 2017 9:13 pm  #1

BBC Showcase 2017

This is quite interesting: 

Showcase 2017
Sunday 19 February to Wednesday 22 February
This unique event showcases the best of British television to the world’s top TV executives. With over 700 delegates attending annually from every corner of the globe, Showcase is the world’s biggest television sales market hosted by a single distributor.

http://www.bbcworldwideshowcase.com

Where they presented this: 

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/157792523431/221bcumberbatched-warning-marys-narrating-from

To me this does imply that the show is not over. Quite the contrary. Why promote a product that a) has been sold already all over the world and b) that will not continue?

P.S. Of course one might also the discuss if "Sherlock" is over and the show will continue under the title "Mary". 

Last edited by SusiGo (February 27, 2017 9:14 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 27, 2017 9:22 pm  #2

Re: BBC Showcase 2017

Wow!
I suppose we could say BBC wants to capitalize on its best seller to show their productions' future potential, but selling new Sherlock with old-ish Sherlock makes more sense (unless - do they actually have to "sell" it?).

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

February 27, 2017 11:53 pm  #3

Re: BBC Showcase 2017

That video combined with the "dancing Sherlocks" is a bit weird! 

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

Board footera