BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 7, 2017 7:41 am  #1981

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

Thank you! :-D

At the moment I am writing a list with all the issues they need to get over with before they can be as happy as we see them at the end of TFP. Like, that (not so) deep inside John is happy Mary died and not Sherlock. I sense a lot of angst and bittersweet scenes before the first kiss.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 7, 2017 7:43 am  #1982

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 7, 2017 9:28 am  #1983

Ooo, sounds interesting. Looking forward! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 7, 2017 11:27 am  #1984

Yes, looking forward too!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 23, 2017 4:56 pm  #1985

Just wanted to say hi and subscribe to this thread. I'm discovering the wonderful world of Johnlock fanfic and devouring all the classics. I'm with All the Best and Brightest Creatures and I'm just stunned. 

What a gift to have such talented writers giving life to this beautiful characters. I feel like a child in Disneyland.

"It is what it is"
"You see, but you do not observe"

"I shall die upon a cloud of Johnlock fluff and have my body launched into the sun". - LadyTuesday

February 23, 2017 5:36 pm  #1986

All the Best and Brightest is amazing!

Have you ever read "Be Here Now" ?  It is my absolute favorite post TRF fic.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/468714/chapters/810005

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 23, 2017 7:56 pm  #1987

All the best and brightest creatures in one of my all-time favs. 

I would like to recommend this one. There is also a sequel, WIP, but finished and regularly updated. This is very intense and I could not help a feeling of claustrophobia at times. But it is so well written that I could not stop. 

The Breaking Wheel[/url] (93284 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/J_Baillier]J_Baillier
Chapters: 18/18
Fandom: Sherlock (TV), [url=http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Sherlock%20Holmes%20*a*%20Related%20Fandoms]Sherlock Holmes & Related Fandoms[/url]
Rating: Mature
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson, Sherlock Holmes & John Watson, Mycroft Holmes & Sherlock Holmes, Molly Hooper & John Watson, Sherlock Holmes & Molly Hooper, Sherlock Holmes & Greg Lestrade, Sherlock Holmes & Mrs. Hudson, Greg Lestrade & John Watson, Mrs. Hudson & John Watson, Mycroft Holmes & John Watson
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Mycroft Holmes, Mrs. Hudson (Sherlock Holmes), Greg Lestrade, Molly Hooper, random collection of mostly competent healthcare professionals
Additional Tags: Sherlock Holmes and Feelings, Illnesses, Sickfic, Sherlock's POV, Mycroft Being a Good Brother, Bored Sherlock, Confused John, Confused Sherlock, medical ethics, Medical Procedures, Communication, Serious Illness, Doctor!John, Awkwardness, Vulnerable Sherlock, Mental Breakdown, Sherlock Whump, Sick Sherlock, Friendship, Medical Conditions, Pain, Panic, Romance, Tragedy, Slow Burn, Sherlock is a Mess, Introspection, Medical H/C, Hurt/Comfort, Johnlock Angst, Pining, Possessive Sherlock, Protective John Watson, Confessions, Miscommunication, Sherlock Is A Bit Not Good, Medical Realism, medical grit, Anxiety, Medical, Drama, Angst, Friends to Lovers, Unhealthy Coping Mechanisms, Graphic Depictions of Illness, Jealous Sherlock
Series: Part 1 of On Pins And Needles
Summary: 

His immune system is decimating his nervous system - a civil war raging inside of him. Is there a reaction he's supposed to be having to this news, now? Something normal: cry, scream, pound the wall? Shake his fist at the uncaring universe? 

John can't stop this. An uncomfortable bed at some hospital ward isn't going to stop this. 

They keep telling him that this will most likely pass, but no one is answering the most important question: how will he be able to endure the uncertainty and the long wait?

Last edited by SusiGo (February 23, 2017 7:59 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 23, 2017 8:56 pm  #1988

ooooooh, Susi, that looks brutal!  And it's a nice long one too.     *bookmark*

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 23, 2017 9:36 pm  #1989

The sequel is even longer. 

February 23, 2017 10:08 pm  #1990

Ooo, that looks great. One question about the tags, though:

Does it contain Major Character Death? Will Sherlock or John die in this fic?

And welcome to this wonderful world, Elemental! You really should check out wordstrings other amazing work - The Paradox Series. My all-time favourite Johnlock!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

February 23, 2017 10:19 pm  #1991

No.

February 23, 2017 10:26 pm  #1992

Thanks, then I'll definitely read it.

Team Hudders!

February 24, 2017 1:50 pm  #1993

tonnaree wrote:

All the Best and Brightest is amazing!

Have you ever read "Be Here Now" ?  It is my absolute favorite post TRF fic.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/468714/chapters/810005

Thanks! Looks awesome.

I do think I'll need a bit of fluff after All the Best and Brightest. Any recommendation? Long form is preferred (+100k words if possible).

Vhanja, yeah, when/if I survive All the Best... I'll definitely check out The Paradox Series. wordstrings is an amazing writer.

"It is what it is"
"You see, but you do not observe"

"I shall die upon a cloud of Johnlock fluff and have my body launched into the sun". - LadyTuesday

February 24, 2017 2:11 pm  #1994

The Breaking Wheel was amazing. It takes a skilled writer to pull that off, which I think she did greatly. If I am not mistaken, I have read other medical realism h/c fics from her, and I love them.

I would prefer to wait with the sequel until it's done, but I am not sure if I am able to.

Elemental: The most fluffiest long fic that I know of is Nature and Nurture. It's toe-curlingly entertaining and adorable from start to finish.

Team Hudders!

February 24, 2017 2:26 pm  #1995

Wow, you were quick, Vhanja! Glad you liked it. And you are right, J_Baillier has written other metas with medical realism as well, she is a medical professional. 

I must admit I started reading the sequel and she updates twice a week which is great. But still, I am considering to wait now until she is through or at least to wait for three or four chapters so that flow is not broken too often. 

Fully agree with your rec of N&N, it is one that really stays in the mind. 

February 24, 2017 2:35 pm  #1996

Yeah, I read almost half in bed yesterday and then the rest today. I can't stop when I get hooked. 

Team Hudders!

February 24, 2017 2:37 pm  #1997

The best thing that can happen with a fic. And then I am torn because I do not want it to be over and cannot stop reading at the same time. 

February 24, 2017 2:42 pm  #1998

That's why I love the luxury of long sequels. 

Team Hudders!

February 24, 2017 3:22 pm  #1999

I would like to 3rd the recommendation of Nature and Nurture. 

Started reading Breaking Wheel last night.  Thanks for that Susi, I am doomed.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 24, 2017 3:22 pm  #2000

You had been warned, dear. 

Board footera