BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2017 10:52 am  #7041

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

And look what a friend gave to me: 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 15, 2017 6:16 pm  #7042

Wow, that's very thoughtful of them!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

February 16, 2017 11:39 am  #7043

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 16, 2017 1:47 pm  #7044

Aww!
They can be cute in bed together

-----

February 16, 2017 1:48 pm  #7045

Haha, love how well their expressions fit!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

February 17, 2017 6:39 pm  #7046

Question: has any of you people already rewatched the three first seasons after watching S4? I guess most people did it before S4 aired and have it pretty fresh anyway, but I couldn't find the time for a proper view before January and decided to leave it for after the premiere. And I think that knowing what comes later gives you a fresh perspective on the previous episodes, or at least that was my experience.

I finished yesterday (I only have TAB left) and I have to say that regarding Johnlock, the choices made by the writers in S4 seem pretty sensible. S3 John feels pretty cold and angry to me, and S3 Sherlock looks hopeless and lonely most of the time. Their journey during S4 makes sense. John had to have a baby, lose his wife, mourn her and forgive Sherlock; and Sherlock had to try to help Mary, fail, get closer to John again and understand his own past. 

I'd have loved a kiss as much as the next person, but it does seem rushed compared with the pace of the previous seasons. I've read somewhere that the friendship arc was already fully developed in S3 and thus they had no other choice than make the romance happen in S4, but I don't see the friendship fully healed and resolved in HLV.

Or maybe this is just my Johnlock bias trying to keep the hope for a possible S5 (which is not very likely by itself anyway... but a girl can dream!).

Thoughts?

(As I am a bit late to the party I'm always afraid I'm talking about something that has been discussed 10000 times. If that's the case, I'm sorry! )

"It is what it is"
"You see, but you do not observe"

"I shall die upon a cloud of Johnlock fluff and have my body launched into the sun". - LadyTuesday

February 17, 2017 6:57 pm  #7047

I agree. The way they wrote their relationship in S4 a kiss would have been rushed. Which does change not my opinion that the whole Mary story is overblown a day distracts from what should be the focus of the story. But the way they chose to do this, it makes sense. And in my opinion it leaves room for more.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 18, 2017 7:54 am  #7048

I agree with you elemental. After all that happened in S3 (and in T6T) they need time.

But no, I have not rewatched the other episodes yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 20, 2017 1:49 pm  #7049

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 20, 2017 2:57 pm  #7050

Brilliant. 

February 20, 2017 3:05 pm  #7051

If I had the skills to mannip like that I would be dangerous.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 21, 2017 12:49 pm  #7052

February 21, 2017 2:26 pm  #7053

"One day"

-----

February 23, 2017 3:42 pm  #7054

Let me just quickly stop by this thread to say that I LOVED this:

http://nemoholmes.tumblr.com/post/157609190911/sherlock-if-it-followed-pilot-sherlock-and-pilot

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 23, 2017 4:41 pm  #7055

Vhanja wrote:

Let me just quickly stop by this thread to say that I LOVED this:

http://nemoholmes.tumblr.com/post/157609190911/sherlock-if-it-followed-pilot-sherlock-and-pilot

This is great!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 23, 2017 11:16 pm  #7056

February 24, 2017 6:46 am  #7057

Ooooh, this is amazing, and I agree with John wholeheartedly!

-----

February 24, 2017 7:33 am  #7058

I love this! 

February 24, 2017 1:12 pm  #7059

How is anyone suppose to be able to think when Sherlock is bending over in front of them? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 24, 2017 1:22 pm  #7060

My thoughts exactly. He has a very nice bum. 

Board footera