BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2017 7:24 pm  #1

Love Actually.... sequel on BBC 24.March 2017

Woohoo!!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/feb/15/love-actually-sequel-to-screen-on-red-nose-day?CMP=fb_gu

It promises to reunite many of the cast, including Hugh Grant, Martine McCutcheon, Keira Knightley, Andrew Lincoln, Colin Firth, Lucia Moniz, Liam Neeson, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Olivia Olson, Bill Nighy, Marcus Brigstocke and Rowan Atkinson.....

Emma Thompson isn't mentioned, but I guess she didn't want to do it without Alan 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 15, 2017 10:41 pm  #2

Re: Love Actually.... sequel on BBC 24.March 2017

I have mixed emotions about this.  The original film is kinda perfect the way it is and I'm ok with that.

I'd hate it if the sequel wasn't good.  But at least they do have most of the actors back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 16, 2017 1:38 am  #3

I kind of liked the original Love Actually.  I saw it for the first time this past Christmas and while I found it entertaining and sweet in some ways, it's not a favourite of mine.  I doubt that the sequel will be as good, though we could be pleasantly surprised (I didn't think the original was necessary good, either, though it did have lots of actors I like in it).  At the very least, hopefully the fact that it is new will eliminate some of the more cringe-worthy treatment of women that happened sometimes in the original.

Clueing for looks.

February 16, 2017 2:42 pm  #4

I saw them setting up some camera gear this morning on my way to work, turns out it was for this. Tempted to go an have a wander down there and see if they're still filming.

https://twitter.com/IevaBaliunaite/status/832225700794994689

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

February 16, 2017 5:48 pm  #5

That's cool that you walked past a film set!

Clueing for looks.

February 16, 2017 6:59 pm  #6

I just read that it is just 10 minutes long   

I was wondering about that, because I think on the Red Nose Day they just show short stuff and comedy things, but it sounded like it's a real film in that Guardian article.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 16, 2017 7:09 pm  #7

Isn't it two different things?
Sorry, I was unsure, too.
I have never seen LA, it doesn't appeal to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 16, 2017 7:34 pm  #8

Yitzock wrote:

That's cool that you walked past a film set!

Yeah!

They film quite a few things around there so I've been lucky enough to see a few bits and pieces. I love the whole process of film making so getting to see it happen is very cool indeed! 

@Ivy I think it's only a short film for Red Nose Day rather than a feature film.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

February 16, 2017 7:36 pm  #9

I love watching filming, too.
Oh and thanks for clarifying about the film.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 17, 2017 7:46 am  #10

Hmm... I'm not sure if I really want a sequel. That film was nearly perfect to me. Will it just be a bad warm up?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 17, 2017 7:54 am  #11

But IS it a proper sequel?!

February 17, 2017 8:27 am  #12

Depends on what you think is a proper sequel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 17, 2017 5:04 pm  #13

I was referring to the discussion about it being  a short piece for Red Nose Day.

Board footera