BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2017 6:30 pm  #1

The Child in Time

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 15, 2017 6:54 pm  #2

Re: The Child in Time

Good stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 15, 2017 10:43 pm  #3

I haven't read this particular book because of the subject matter but I am a fan of McEwan's writing.  I may have to force myself.   And of course I can imagine BC would be spectacular in the role described.  Being a father now himself will affect his performance I'm sure.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 16, 2017 3:08 am  #4

Just my thought, tonnaree when I read that!

I am sure it's going to be heart-bteakingly good!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 16, 2017 4:48 am  #5

Another book after "Rogue Male". Benedict keeps me reading...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 16, 2017 7:37 am  #6

tonnaree wrote:

I haven't read this particular book because of the subject matter but I am a fan of McEwan's writing.  I may have to force myself.   And of course I can imagine BC would be spectacular in the role described.  Being a father now himself will affect his performance I'm sure.

Same here!  Also a McEwan fan for many years, but this is one of the few of his that I haven't read.   I'm not sure whether to read it or just wait for the film.  I think it's lovely that Ian McEwan liked Benedict so much in Atonement, and that he feels honored by the casting!

February 16, 2017 7:47 am  #7

What I also love about it is this (although I expected nothing else): that he is getting involved as a producer as well, choosing projects that are close to his heart, and that he keeps working at home. I am sure it was due to him that Doctor Strange and The Current War were shot in the UK. It is great to see that he is still interested in doing TV and not just focuses on the big screen now. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 16, 2017 7:54 am  #8

I agree all round and can't wait to see this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 16, 2017 1:47 pm  #9

Oh this will be an emotional one for sure.

I'm looking forward to seeing it!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

April 3, 2017 5:37 pm  #10

Benedict is already filming. Here are some pics and a short video from today:

http://johnnlocked.tumblr.com/post/159157120601/thelostsmiles-new-photos-of-ben-filming-the

April 3, 2017 5:55 pm  #11

Aargh, I will be there in a couple of days!

April 3, 2017 6:08 pm  #12

Just saw the pics on tumblr, he's looking good  and so nice the filming is in London so he's near his boys and Sophie.

Definitely a film I'd like to see. After that marvel thingy and our favourite consulting detective finally he plays an average guy again.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

April 3, 2017 6:35 pm  #13

Yes, I just read the book and like it very much. A very human and extraordinary story. And it will be nice to see him looking more or less like himself for a change. 

April 3, 2017 6:42 pm  #14

He looks great! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 3, 2017 8:16 pm  #15

Wow, the book sounds really interesting. I bet Ben will be awesome in the movie. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 23, 2017 4:26 pm  #16

April 23, 2017 4:33 pm  #17

Cute child alert!

April 23, 2017 6:05 pm  #18

Yes. But I read the book. 

April 23, 2017 6:06 pm  #19

I haven't, but I gather it's going to be a weepy...must be incredibly sad for a new parent.

April 23, 2017 6:10 pm  #20

Yes, I think it must be hard for him to film this. 

Board footera